1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

xenonsupply.com - H.I.D. kit. My personal review.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by jblackwell, Jun 9, 2012.

1. breaks911

breaks911 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Agree on the above - I just ordered and installed the XS kit and had the same issue with the cable being too short on the driver side. I ended up zip-tying the ballast to something else b/c I couldn't get it worked in per the video and didn't want bulb replacement to suck. But everything is working fine -- no issues with the bulbs.

2. Abel K

Abel K New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the tip! I just drove my wife's Prius tonight...must replace those headlights soon. I think I might just tackle it Tuesday morning...

3. 50MPGPAUL

50MPGPAUL Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just ordered a kit from XS as well for my 2015 prius II. what a difference. the sheer increase in lumen output makes driving the prius at night enjoyable. My other car has HIDS that corner with steering input, and going to a stock halogen setup - I knew immediately I had to upgrade the lighting on my prius.

Installation was straight forward - it was a PITA to get the xenon bulbs to seat correctly before twisting from the 10-12oclock position, but that has to do with the aftermarket rubber sealing grommet. Its fresh so you need to push towards the front of the car to compress the rubber before the 3 nipples on the bulb housing seat into the headlight housing.

I took an additional step - I read that the ballasts can fall off with the 3m double sided tape during hot summer days, so I just electrical taped and wrapped the ballasts over the plastic side cover just to make sure.

The included wiring was tight, and if there was about 6" more play from bulb to the connectors would have really made the install more hidden. I ended up mounting all the ballasts regulator plastic boxes with zipties on random holes i found near the headlight perimeter on the vehicle chassis

In the video, XS says, test the bulbs, and then if it doesn't work, reverse the connectors for polarity... just look at the wire coming off the headlight bulb and connector, and keep it consistent. solid colors to color colors - striped to striped.

Overall, very satisfied with the kit - and for 109 shipped to my door, took me about 10 minutes to install the kit - and 5 minutes of that was me figuring out how the hell to contorm my hands to apply pressure to seat the HID bulbs correctly.

#243 50MPGPAUL, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  4. bongsta213

bongsta213 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    anybody know if xs does install for you if you drive down to their shop?

5. The_Prius_Dude

The_Prius_Dude New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Posted on another post about this, but here's my experience:

Bought from XenonSupply a couple of weeks ago for my Prius and they have been nothing less than professional. I did some price comparisons too, and I gotta say the couple of extra bucks are totally worth it just for their superb customer service with troubleshooting any issues that might come up. I called twice, and I got the impression that they really care about making sure the customer has an easy install and getting it right the first time. Not to mention, they even offer a 5 year warranty on all their products.

It's evident that they stand by their product, and not much more to say for a pair of reliable lights.

FYI, I was just checking out xenonsupply's site to get another pair of HIDs for my other car and they have a special 15% promo going on right now