1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

xenonsupply.com - H.I.D. kit. My personal review.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by jblackwell, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Austin5

Austin5 Go Bruins

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Same thing just ordered! And some LED's for the other lights inside the car and the parking lights. I'm thinking I'm going to buy 5000k bulbs as well and see which I like best. I'll take pics of all three comparisons once I try them all out.

2. 2fastplus

2fastplus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Curious to see the 5000K and 4300K together. I honestly think the 5000K are a perfect fit. Can't wait Austin5.

3. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you're going to replace the running/parking lights with LEDs then go with the 5000K HIDs because it's almost impossible to find 4300k LEDs for the running/parking lights. It's much easier to find 5000k LEDs that will color match the 5000k HID's.

4. NoVA Green

NoVA Green Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Where are you ordering the LEDs from?

Also, do you have a parts list/links for the bulbs you are replacing and the LEDs you selected?

5. Austin5

Austin5 Go Bruins

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Zone Tech 10x 194 168 2825 5-smd White High Power LED Car Lights Bulb:Amazon:Automotive

2pcs 31mm 12-SMD 1.25" 12V Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs + STICKER DE3175 DE3022 DE3021 3175 - White:Amazon:Automotive

Cheap!! One of the 10 bulbs did not work, but oh well. Order both these and you'll have exactly what you need..

I replaced the map lights, parking lights on the front of the car, license plate lights, and door assist lights. ((first link))... annddd trunk light/rear vanity light ((the second link))

6. Isabella Prius

Isabella Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a question for everyone that installed hid on there prius. My question is, if anyone is experiencing any flickering while the light is on. I didnt purchase it from xenonsupply but thinking of going that route. Thanks....

SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 ? 2

7. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How did you connect your ballasts? Did you wire them directly to the fuse box with a harness/relay, or did you just wire them to the factory headlight connector?

8. Isabella Prius

Isabella Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Straight to the factory connection.

SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 ? 2

9. Austin5

Austin5 Go Bruins

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Xenon supply sent me 6000k bulbs instead of 4300k like I ordered and it petrol in the confirmation email. I'm going to install them for now and see what happens, hopefully I won't get pulled over

10. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you install the 6000k bulbs- they might not take them back.

11. Austin5

Austin5 Go Bruins

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I shouldn't have to pay for return shipping for their mistake, then it will cost them more to return ship, I assume they'll let me keep them if they are like any other online store that makes a mistake like that.

For people wondering stock vs 6000k, heres a pic.
    Hard to tell a big difference now because there was snow on the ground a day ago..

leds in the grill
    [​IMG]
    Comparison: (LED on left fixed, not dim anymore)
    [​IMG]
    And the compare.....
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    stock looks brighter.....:0

By the way, install was so easy, except for getting the damn bulbs to go in with that gasket on. They're in though and I'm happy!

12. 2fastplus

2fastplus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just got my 4300K Xenon Supply in the mail, will post as soon as I can find some time to install.

13. sophie999

sophie999 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi all,

Sorry if I am hijacking the thread, but wonder if someone can answer several questions about HID upgrade.

I am looking at several options. The solution from this thread looks like DIY job (although I do not do any mods myself, I might try this). But I want to explorer other options. I have 2011 Prius II.

1. How easy is it to replace parking front lights for LEDs (there is a link on this page to the amazon store)? Do I need to disassemble the headlight? Any instructions? Any special connectors swapping regular lights for LED?

2. If you do the Xenon low beam upgrade from this thread, what do you use as a "flasher"? Not good for the HID to use it that way.

3. I might go for a complete retrofit. Here is what I would want. Bi-xenon, probably with LED halos, (BMW style). Rewire bi-xenons for both hi/low beams. Use rewired my stock high beam as flasher (adjusted down clearly, although most of the time it is used during the day, so should not be an issue. Add HID foglights.
    a. Any recommendations as far as the parts? Do not care for the high end Acura or Lexus lights, something mid of the road, but RELIABLE quality?
    b. Any ideas how much the work would cost?
    c. Any references in Chicago area for a shop that does this well?

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,

Sophie

14. Austin5

Austin5 Go Bruins

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1. LED replace takes 2 minutes. Screw out old light from under the hood, just reach under the headlight and twist, pull out the bulb from that socket, push new light in.

2.You would still use the high beam for your flashers, A "shutter" type led (bi xenon) would require a ton more work, use it only is only a low beam light.

3 I don't know. But everywhere will rip you off as the diy kit in this thread is such an easy upgrade your crazy to pay

sophie999 likes this.
  15. sophie999

sophie999 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks Austin5.

As far as the price, I meant not the DIY kit, but complete retrofit, changing projectors, lens.... bi-xenon, fog lights. That would require some serious work, and I wanted to get an idea how much that might cost.

Thanks again.

Sophie

16. Austin5

Austin5 Go Bruins

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well ill get some night 6000k vs 5000k. pics tonight, but for now, heres the 5000k vs 6000k difference, I dont think ill be trying the 4300k at all as they seem too yellow to me.

[​IMG]

After using the 6000k for a week (left), even the 5000k looked yellow (right).., but it is MUCH harder to see with the 6000k vs the stock!! All the signs look blue/white in reflection and it feels very illegal to me.

But as you can see in the picture below, compared to the stock high beams, 5000k is still very white, but doesn't have that tint of blue where it looked illegal. I'll see how i like it tonight!
    5000k v highbeam stock color.
    [​IMG]

17. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    5000k looks good. the pic makes them look a little green though.

18. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Most of the extra light looks like glare to me, there is a lot of light in the pic of stock light that is reflecting off the road in front of the car back at you.

The 5k HIDs should be perfect IMO.

19. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Bluish white won't get you pulled over. It has to be actual blue that you see on police cars, etc.

20. Austin5

Austin5 Go Bruins

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Either way, driving on the back roads that are paved here, it was awful, super dark!!!