1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Xgauge ???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by BZzap!, Nov 25, 2012.

1. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The XGauges can be modified with new parameters. You just enter the new parameters writing over top of the old ones.

2. mojorific

mojorific Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I wasn't able to figure this problem out for my Gen 3 either. I said 'screw it' and went on to program other codes. Also, if the code doesn't work, I found that leaving that gauge up on the main screen would cause problems when I went to reprogram, so I went through a process of moving my display gauges to ones that do work before returning to programming the x gauge again. Not sure if that is helpful or not.

I also have a Canada Prius, which may mean some codes may not be compatible. Most however, have worked for me (including programming the backup beeping to 1 beep instead of continuous).

3. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Although it's somewhat of a disappointment I guess I can live without it. Thanks for the conformation.

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Did you ever try resetting the SGII ?

5. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I did a reset but the Xgauge functions remain in memory. The reset only affects the setup menus , I.e. tank size, engine size, etc.. Unless, of coarse, you know something I don't.

6. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just know that whenever I have had any issues with XGauges that a reset has usually fixed the problem. Good luck and let us know when you resolve the problem.

7. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks but I think I have resigned myself to defeat. After talking with Linear Logic and getting no definitive answers there, I think it's not in the cards.

8. Albert Brizendine

Albert Brizendine Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well I just got my "updated" Scangauge and a new 2013 Prius Two and I can't get the xgauge for fuel level to work either.

9. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    At your fill-up, the ScanGauge can be set on one of the menus to give fuel % usage but it has to be reset every time you fill up. The readings are based upon other perameters rather than direct data from the fuel system. It's calculated, not real time data.