1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM loses it’s mind at startup

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jon Watkins, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Jon Watkins

Jon Watkins Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    17 three with 3,500 miles. For the last 1k miles or so when I start the car about 50% of the time all of my XM presets are not displayed. It will still play the last XM station that I was listening when I turned the car off but all of the preset station are non existant. If I turn the car off and restart it generally the XM presets will magically reappear and be available.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so how was it resolved?

2. Teqjax

Teqjax Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    The infotainment system in the 4th gen is very unstable. I was having issues with the XM much like yourself, and ended up canceling the XM because of it and started using podcasts and playlists on my iPhone. Until, my infotainment system started to restart randomly, most times when a phone call would come in while listening to music. At first it was only once or twice a week, then it started happening daily. I finally replaced my head unit with a Alpine DDX-9904S and haven't looked back. I've had zero issue since then. I'm sure a software update will fix most problems eventually, but as I am in my car for 4 to 5 hours a day, I could not wait months for Toyota to figure out the issue and update the firmware. I now have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and couldn't be more happy. Probably not the solution you were wanting to hear, but even consumer reports notes that the infotainment system on the 4th gen is buggy and unreliable. Luckily, its the only problem I've had with the car. Love everything else about it.

#2 Teqjax, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2018