1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Xm Radio Drop Outs

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by PhilBlank, Nov 7, 2015.

1. PhilBlank

PhilBlank Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have a 2014 PIP Advanced with the tech package.

This past week, while driving on the freeway, I have had a couple of XM radio 'drop outs'. I will be listening to music and suddenly I get 100% static for perhaps a second or so and then back to normal. Will happen two or three times and then back to normal.

It is acting as though I spent a bit too long under a bridge except that I am on the freeway with nary an overpass or tall building in sight.

Will be asking the dealer to do 'something' while I am still under warranty.

Anyone else ever experience something similar?

THanks,

Phil

2. KV1955

KV1955 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Does your display go blank? If not, I suspect this is just a satellite signal blip. Happens sometimes.....I wouldn't be too concerned if it's just a brief loss of signal.

3. PhilBlank

PhilBlank Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I will try and notice...the display itself did not go blank but I was on the map page so I don't know what the receiver saw.

Thanks for the suggestion and I will leave it on the audio page and see what happens.

Phil