1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM radio, not SiriusXM on Prius Prime?

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by ptf, Feb 25, 2017.

1. ptf

ptf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I was under the impression from Toyota literature that the Nav system on my 2017 Prius Prime Advanced was SiriusXM compatible. It appears that it's only XM compatible, as it can't receive any of the channels in the 300 or 400 range. Is this also true for the Nav system in the Prius Prime Plus (with the smaller display panel)?

2. mr88cet

mr88cet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't have any specific information on the P.Prime in particular, but this seems to say that Entune in general uses Sirius XM: Toyota - Entune!

iPhone ? Pro

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Well this is what their last note claimed:

Dear Robert,

. . . It's an incredible price for over 140 channels of . . .

Activate a semi-annual Select subscription and pay $29.94 for your first 6 months. . . . Service will automatically renew monthly thereafter (if on credit card) or every 6 months thereafter . . .

I really don't care what they offer as the last time I tried satellite radio, I found:
    1. Programming changes without notice - not just changing to a new spot but <BLINK> gone!
    2. Impossible to cancel - it is more efficient to cancel a credit card than try their phone number.
    Internet radio, iTunes, and podcasts offer the programming I want at a fair price without having to worry about 'automatically renew' charges. If the charges stopped when they change the programming, we could do a deal but it doesn't work that way. In many respects they are 'Basic Cable' with: (1) retransmission of local broadcast channels, (2) a few movie channels, and (3) over half "home shopping network", back-to-back commercials. It is like a can of 'mixed nuts' that taste just like peanuts.

Bob Wilson