1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

XM subscription pricing

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by grahamy, Sep 11, 2009.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    they just gave me 2 free weeks. i enjoyed it. then when back to Slacker and Pandora

2. web1b

web1b Active Member

I get mailings for 5 months for $20 every few months, but I never bother with it because it is too much of a hassle to cancel it so often so it doesn't revert to their normal rates. I might pay the $95 after taxes rate for a year on a one time use credit card #, but I only got mailings for the $77 rate a couple times and haven't seen that offer in over a year. I don't have a long enough commute that would make XM worth paying much money vs free local radio, Pandora and podcasts. It would be more tempting to pay for it if I had a long commute or did frequent long road trips.

3. Ninjawife

Ninjawife Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Some good information here- like others when you are billed for the regular rate such as the entire package for $185.00. Call to cancel and you can get it for half price or better (even on year 2 renewal).
    Not a bad deal if you don't own an internet cell phone with Slacker/Pandora and enjoy XM. Love the commercial free music!

4. bbuulll

bbuulll New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I don’t think Sirius knows what they have for pricing. I have been trying to cancel my subscription on my wife’s BMW since January 1st. I wanted to cancel since they cut some of their talent and Stern went to 3 days a week.
    They kept giving me 3 months for free. The last time they gave me more channels and another 3 months. I wonder what I will get in December.
    If you are looking for radio? Try interet radioio on your smartphone, then use the Bluetooth to the car.

5. little_green_man

little_green_man Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I am not exactly sure what my wife tells them, other than she will never renew and then complains a lot and somehow gets XM everything for six months for 4.25 a month. She has done it consistently on her Nissan for 3 yrs and now my Prius. You can get a really cheap price if you can haggle well

1 person likes this.
  6. web1b

web1b Active Member

Right now, even $5 per month would be too much because I have podcasts I like to listen to on my commute. Otherwise, I listen to LOCAL radio so I can get traffic reports that are more up to date and more detailed than what you get in XMNav Traffic or the regional traffic station on XM. No time for XM radio. Pandora works well enough when I want to hear music I don't have in my collection.
    I would have liked to have had XM on a long road trip I took this summer, but not enough to sign up for a service commitment. If they offered daily rates like you can get for XM in a rental car, I probably would have signed up for it on the road trip.

7. Pri4Us

Pri4Us Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My XM subscription was within 3 days of expiration so I called 800-967-2346 and asked for "cancellation". I was routed to a live Listener Care rep and asked why I wanted to cancel. I told him the regular annual subscription rates were excessive given my very limited use of their service.

He immediately offered to renew my subscription at the same $77 rate plus $8.32 music royalty fees. I then inquired about multi-year discounts, but he denied any were currently available.

Hearing that, I agreed to take his $77 rate and he then recorded me accepting this offer along with the usual XM boilerplate. I requested a paper invoice to avoid having my credit card 'out there'. My total invoice was for $87.32 and I went online shortly after receiving the invoice and paid up thru electronic banking.

Done for another year! :lalala: