1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Xzilon thread continued for the C forum

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by jjrhea, Apr 8, 2012.

1. jjrhea

jjrhea Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I found Xzilon threads in the Gen three forum but as this forum is just starting I though I would brin g the conversation over here.

The third Party Xzilon treatment offered at my dealership included a few levels and I found myself on the 31st of the month sitting in front of a guy who wanted to sell another one.....enough said. i got the lowest level that covered the paint and the interior. the warranty says 5 years no rips stains or burns inside (free replace) and no bugs hard water spots, tar and cracking on exterior paint ( 3" or smaller dents too!!!) many in other forums here say its snake oil. they can apply their own wax and claim the rest on insurance. I got mine for 350-400$.

I have one week (1000mi) on my C and it was dusty plenty of dead bugs on the front so I got out the car wash stuff and began. Heavy beading like three coats of wax immediately bubbles in the wash immediatley disappeared and sheeted off as well. the bugs wiped off with no effort and the chamois did the rest.

I will be keeping this thread updated so you can make up your mind.or add your mind. I plan on road tripping with a 3 yr. old so I will definitely be dealing with all the aspects of my warranty :) 5 years unlimited miles.

2. Gary Otto

Gary Otto Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Had this applied to our 2011 last August. Leather seats still need elbow grease to clean. Love bugs.......an hour of scrubbing and soaking and 99% of them are cleaned up. Waste of money as far as I'm concerned. I'm coming up on 25,000 miles and am going to ask the dealer to reapply the front of the car at their expense. Otherwise I'll go back to use Zymol or some other polish.

3. jjrhea

jjrhea Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm back and my Prius C was destroyed in an accident. I got a new one and got the Xzilon again. As far as Leather seats go I don't know cause I don't have them. The last application worked great and my three year old could not defeat the interior with stains and other messes. I got it again cause I don't have an hour a month to clean, wax, and scrub my car. I don't have time to drive to town and go pay the carwash. I am a busy person and I get a 5yr warranty on the paint and interior for less than $10 a month. The do it yourselfers have an argument if you want to be outside putting your time into your car instead of doing something else. My car wash takes 5-10 minutes. Wet wash mit, followed by chamois, and a quick vacuum. I'll ask if your hard work in the driveway with wax etc. comes with a warranty?