1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yakima FrontLoader Bike Mount Clearance Question

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Doug McC, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Doug McC

Doug McC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I searched for an answer to this question and was unable to find one so I hope I'm not rehashing something here. We have the Toyota OEM roof rack on a 2022 Gen4 Prius and are considering a Yakima FrontLoader bike mount. I'm wondering if the bike mount will interfere with the rear hatch opening all the way when it is installed. Anyone who has this setup on the Gen4 who can speak to this?

2. Doug McC

Doug McC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    UPDATE: Just in case someone in the future has this same question: Since I received no help on this I contacted Yakima. According to them, The total length of the rack is 56 inches and extends over the front edge of the the front Toyota OEM cross bar by ~1 to 1.5 inches. The distance from the front cross bar to the rear hatch is 58 inches, so the rack itself will clear the hatch when opened. The wheel base of any given bicycle will determine if the rear wheel of the bike interferes with the hatch, but in my case a 42 inch wheel base should present no problem.

3. PaulDM

PaulDM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    If it helps. It’s got to be shorter than my “long” top box. 1A03A17F-478A-4674-B037-6B29AA8C323F.jpeg

Doug McC likes this.
  4. Doug McC

Doug McC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    UPDATE: I received and installed the Yakima Frontloader on the Toyota rack. Plenty of clearance for the hatch to open. Just in case someone finds this thread in the future.

PaulDM likes this.