1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yay! Spring is coming!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Rae Vynn, Mar 8, 2008.

1. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Woo hoo its back, I just finished my first 55 mpg tank of the year and I am on the start of another good one.
    [​IMG]

2. Prius Prime

Prius Prime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hurry spring and warm weather!

I am always surprised what a difference having temps above freezing do to my mpg! We've had several days in the lower 40 degrees and I was back up over 50 mpg. Below freezing and the engine comes on, I can't coast as much and I was down to 45-47 mpg. Then I was thinking how bad this was until I was reminded of the 25-27 I'd be getting in my previous car (Ford Focus)

Happy Spring!

Prius Prime

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Cold weather affects all cars, you just notice it more with the Prius because of the high mileage and instrumentation.

Tom

4. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    yeah for me it seems like I'm still okay in the 30 degree range and I can still sort of hang on to a good tank in the 20's if its not windy. But once it gets into the teens or colder, I struggle to keep 47 MPG. (no EBH either maybe next year)

5. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Sure sign of spring - had to remove the bottom row of the grill block to keep the coolant from getting too HOT!:D

6. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ditto - I just removed my bottom grill today before driving home from work. It's still pretty cool in the morning, but filled up today after 500 miles on current tank with 64.1 MPG. Spring is officially here after averaging 55.3 for the winter back to back 60+ tanks. It is just getting better and better and 1 year anniversary is just around the corner.