1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yeah! Another one of my incandescent light bulbs went out!

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by burritos, May 8, 2007.

1. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ May 23 2007, 11:21 AM) [snapback]448279[/snapback]</div>
    Depending on the energy mix in your area (you're in CA so this is less true) an incandescent puts out Hg because of the combustion of coal. In areas that make heavy use of coal for electricity an incandescent can put out more Hg over its lifetime than a CFL, or so I've heard. Appearently the Hg content in CFLs has dropped and Walmart is supposedly pushing mfgs to lower it still. By then LEDs may be making serious in roads into the mainstream lighting market.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Essayons @ May 23 2007, 11:34 AM) [snapback]448286[/snapback]</div>
    Hey Keith, what series are you? 12, 62, something else? I was 19D, 13F, and 13P during my time.

2. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    My wife and I considered the LED lighting switch, but we didn't want to mess with it until we stopped renting our current apartment and bought a house (next year after our upcoming baby starts to crawl).

Does anyone know if you have to buy LED bulbs online?

3. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    At this point that's probably your best bet for selection.

4. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As I have started replacing floods, etc I just hate to throw away, so will save them up for the next yard sale ...

5. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    inventor00: I have the same problem, what do I do with all old flood lights? Not sure I want to pass these energy hogs into anyone else though. It's like giving someone a good deal on a hummer then knowing they will 1) destroy the environment and 2) pay more then the initial investment in gas.

I think I will recycle them.