1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yeah! My traction battery finally died!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dgw, Feb 17, 2011.

1. toyotechwv

toyotechwv Toyota Technician

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Woohoo, the dealer bashing continues...

2. pEEf

pEEf Engineer - EV nut

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Clearly not all dealers are bad, I'm sure most are honest and have integrity, but like most any industry, there are some bad players. All it takes is a few bad guys to make a lot of people unhappy, and here is a great place to vent, so we tend to read about it often.

Sad to say I have personally witnessed scams perpetrated by a few of these bad actors.

Either way, my advise of getting a second opinion and asking for bad parts back will not affect an honest dealer, but it will help weed out the bad ones.

3. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Also with damage like that there's no way the that car would even make "ready". In a case like dwg's where the car was still drivable there's no way it could be a catastrophic failure like that. So yeah I'm also really suspicious of this ECU replacement, and if it came back completely non-functional (as in not even being able to make "ready" whereas before it could do) then I'd be even more suspicious.