1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yellow fog for 2019+ Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by jteran5, Sep 17, 2020.

1. jteran5

jteran5 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I am very old school and having yellow fogs is something I've always done on my previous vehicles. More and more current fog lights on cars are really just for show and aesthetics as they don't really do anything to help in actual fog. Either placement is too high, not aimed right, too small, bulb isn't correct, etc. I like the contrast against the white headlights.

That being said, on the 2019 Prius, they equipped it with a non - replaceable led light "bulb". Really just an LED chip within a housing. I looked everywhere for either a replacement housing with a yellow/golden lens or a yellow "bulb". Of course nothing came up.

A second option would be to wrap the lens in a yellow film, but if you're not aware, the bulbs light should also have the desired temperature (in this case 2500-3000k) to give it a coo, true color. A white led light passing through a colored filter, will look whited out. On my previous cars, I put a yellow film to give the lens a golden appearance when it's off and a deep gold color to the light when the lights are on.

So now, on my Prius, I only have a yellow film on the lense. I actually put four layers of yellow Lamin-X, as the washout when the lights were on was too much for me. Even still, now, I don't like the color output that much....

Then I finally found what I was looking for. A company actually made a replacement LED "bulb" for my car. I came across it on a Japanese site then realized Hybridpit actually sells it as well. I went straight to a Japanese vendor as it came out almost $50 cheaper. I should be getting it sometime in the next week and can't wait to install it. I think combined with my yellow lense, it would be a great great gold color.

I don't see anyone else running this light anywhere here in the US so curious as to why no one else has run it as it seems like our only option.

Pics below of how my car is now and of the new lights I should be getting soon. You can see a big difference in the color. Even with four layers of yellow film on my lens, it is now where near the golden color of the 3000k bulb. I can't achieve that kind of color through a film because of the white light that is passing through
    20200729_180218.jpeg 20200729_225536.jpeg 20200729_225726.jpeg pri700zd.jpeg pri700zn.jpeg pri700zb.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

krmcg likes this.
  2. LiamLe

LiamLe New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you for your post. Look like you have some mods under the hood there. Does it stiffen the ride?
    I have an 2018 Prius, so it won’t be the same as yours.

3. jteran5

jteran5 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I did a lot of bracing and the car feels so good without being unnecessarily rough. I feel like bracing helps the suspension do what it needs to do more easily. My car isn't flashy (besides mainly the wheels) but it handles magnificently and surprised people on the turns. Screenshot_20200920-115642_Samsung%20Notes%20Add-ons.jpeg 20200920_112322.jpeg

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

krmcg likes this.