1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yellow Light below the Ready light on panel

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by smcracraft, Nov 27, 2006.

1. smcracraft

smcracraft New Member

Very briefly I went over a bump yesterday and observed a quick flash, too brief to read,
    of a large yellow light under the Ready light on the panel.

What is this? Should I be concerned?

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thats just the traction control/VSC light. it's absolutely nothing to worry about it. It's a picture of a car with skid marks behind it, indicating that there's a proeblem with your traction or control of the vehicle - Most likely you were slightly accelerating or braking while going over the bump, and the car detected that one of the wheels lost traction for an instant. It flashes the light as it attempts to take corrective action to help you stay on the road.

There's a bump/pot hole in a particular intersection on my commute to work (and another one in a different intersection on the way home) that sets off the light every single day.

3. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

I get it every time I start out fast crossing the wet drainage dip at suburban intersections, expecially if also turning. It shows for TC as well as for VSC, but I know it without the light from the cutting of power for one second.

4. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I get this alot on the highway near Seattle. The sections of highway I'm thinking about are cement with metal strips that go cross the road (some kind of joint). if it's ever slightly wet (and is it ever!) =, i can get brief flash of the light if I hit the brakes or accelerate on one of these slick strips in stop & go traffic. The indicator is mostly a warning that you could slip on the road.