1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yet another bluetooth quesition .. Dial by name??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by autiger_89, Jun 7, 2008.

1. autiger_89

autiger_89 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've successfully added some dial by voice names, but when I push the magic button, it asks me to dial by number. How do I switch it?

I feel like an idiot.

Thanks.

2. kirkrv8

kirkrv8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    In te phone screen hit talk button and then say "dial by name"
    That worked on our 06
    By the way we love!!!! our Prius

3. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've been using "number" and "name", no other words needed, the Nav Lady seems to understand.

Edit: I wish I could change her voice, to say, Cat Deely. Love the British accent.

ZC1

4. TSaxman28

TSaxman28 Wandering Minstrel

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I've noticed that when I'm stopped the system defaults to asking for a number (assuming, I guess, that since you're not moving you can push the number buttons on the screen). If I'm moving, the system asks me for a command, then I say "dial by name" and all is well.

5. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If the car is moving, begin by pressing the Off-hook switch. That will put the speed dial screen on the MFD.
    Now press the VR talk switch, and say "dial by name", or "dial by number". If you chose name, It will then take you to the phonebook screen ,where you press the talk switch and it prompts for name. (Contact names must have been previously recorded by you).
    IF you choose number, it will take you to the keypad screen and when you push the talk switch it will prompt for the number.

Voice recognition works really well for me, but the process is tedious because of all the back-and-forth command-response stuff gets old. I just use speed dials for the routine numbers and my actual phone for the rest.

It all works the same way when you are not moving, but you can begin the "dial..." commands, with the talk switch, from any screen. (The fact you have to begin by pushing the off-hook switch ,while moving, is a flaw IMHO> (Otherwise the command-response routine has an unnecessary need to repeat the command).