1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yet another new prius owner :)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by DasPrius, Mar 18, 2012.

1. DasPrius

DasPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, I finally took the plunge and bought a prius (2012 II) and I'm loving it. Only had it for the ride home, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

The funny thing was I went last weekend to test drive a honda civic hybrid. However, I decided to swing by the Toyota just to get a comparison.

I swore I'd never like a prius. I went into the camry hybrid just because it seemed nice. I wasn't going to test drive the prius because the back window seemed so different than what I was used to. The wife talked me into trying it and and after the test drive, I was hooked.

Man, was I completely wrong on the prius. I'm loving this thing.

Anyways, I just came here to thank everyone because I spent the week guest reading a ton of threads to get information about all kinds of things. You guys are great and helped me a lot.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Great story, welcome aboard and enjoy the awesome ride!

3. shrktank

shrktank New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats and welcome. I had a similar experience. I did a lot of internet research on both the Insight and Prius. I am a strong conservative and the thought if driving the "spokes" car for the liberal elite did not sit well.

But after looking at both, testing driving I went ahead and purchased mine about a month ago.

This is the best place to come for information on your new Prius.

1 person likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    all the best!

5. RickThom1

RickThom1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I pretty much had the same experience, except it took me about seven months to take the plunge. I drove my first Prius last July as an afterthought after looking at a different model Toyota. I liked the car, but my wife l-o-v-e-d the Prius. Fast forward to the end of February 2012, and she said, "let's good see if they have any new Prius' on the lot." Reluctantly, I said, "I'm not buying anything until next year, at the earliest." Got to the dealership and they had just gotten a truckload of new Prius' in the night before. The rest is history....found the exact car we wanted and drove it home that night. Fast forward three weeks later, now I am the one that absolutely "l-o-v-e-s" the car...so much fun to drive!
    Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new purchase!

6. smokiejoe

smokiejoe Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to the Club.

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't worry. It happens to the best of us. ;)

8. BornPriiOrDie

BornPriiOrDie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Welcome! We bought our Prius after test driving the Focus, Elantra, Impreza, Cruze, and Forte. The Prius test drive was on a whim because my husband was curious about it. We really liked it but took some time to research and think about what was best for our family.

We're very happy with our Prius. I hope you're equally happy with yours.