1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yet another phone mount thread...

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Weirderal, Jul 9, 2022.

1. Weirderal

Weirderal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hello all!
    I haven't found what I'm looking for for phone mounts for GPS purposes in existing threads. Really would rather not drill anything, nor use suction cups on the dash, windshield, or A-pillar window.

2012 v.

The vent holder is in a good position for viewing GPS, but blocks the view of some of the indicator/warning lights, and I need to lean forward to reach it. It's not stable if I try to use it in the left vent.

The armrest one doesn't visually block anything, but requires looking a bit away from the road to use, and I have to reach around it awkwardly for some of the climate controls.

I'm willing to buy another holder if it avoids all or most of these issues.

I can't find anything that would secure into the card holder slot....any search with those keywords brings up those credit card holders that attach to the back of cell phones, and all the "slot mount" cell phone holders are for CD slots and thus too wide for it. It's a shame because a durable holder with a thick card-like piece on the back would probably work great here. Guessing that'd be a pretty small target market for a manufacturer...

Alternatively, if there is some head unit replacement that still allows access to all of the car settings (headlight auto-off timer, lock on park setting, etc.), the Energy Monitor, etc., steering wheel controls, but also having Android Auto or similar, I'd gladly look into it. Haven't had the chance to dive into a dash for a couple years now.

Am I missing a good option? The only other thing I'm thinking of trying is a different vent holder that has an adjustable foot height, so that it can be better balanced in the horizontal position on either the left vent, or the center-left vent. The pictured vent holder is only about half the height of my phone and holds the phone fine vertically, but horizontally it's terribly unstable, and I didn't even put it in Drive to test.

Attached Files:

2. Dusty rug

Dusty rug Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    i got one of those mounts with a suction cup and mounted it to the windshield on the left side and haven't had many issues with it

3. ozjimjam

ozjimjam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm using the CD slot for a magnetic phone holder , works well. but it partially blocks the air vent and the screen

kitty_tron likes this.
  4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    kitty_tron likes this.
  5. PriusHead05

PriusHead05 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    https://www.lasfit.com/products/qi-wireless-fast-charging-car-phone-holder
    This one is great, especially if you have wireless charging. Very sturdy. It has a vent mount as well as the sticky pad. I just mounted the sticky pad, (with is more of a suction cup and not as sticky) to the front left corner of my windshield and it is out of the way and doesn't block the view of anything. I like it.

kitty_tron likes this.