1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yet another Prius owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Teddy76, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Teddy76

Teddy76 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just signed for a 2008 Prius with the big luxury package and 77000 km on the clock. Unless the local testcenter finds something alarming, it's mine in about a week from now :)

I had a Ford Focus C-Max untill last month where it slided off the road in Northern Norway and flipped over twice, sideways. Bit of a shock but as I wasn't damaged I finished my trip From Copenhagen to North Cape in a nice Avensis rental. So I know the Toyota navigation system etc. already, as it is pretty much the same in the Prius.

I do have to get used to all the hybrid stuff though. One question comes to mind, that I didn't find answered elsewhere on this great forum. The dealer said the key has be be inserted in the key slot when driving. But as far as I can see, it should be a keyless system. If it is indeed a keyless system, how can I get that part working? I noticed a small switch button under the steering wheel that said 'key' on it but it did not seem to matter if it was activated or not.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    If it is not being 'keyless' I would replace the battery in the Fob, CR32032 as I recall.

Welcome to Prius Chat!

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride! Glad you were not hurt in the rollover.

4. Teddy76

Teddy76 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Pressing unlock/lock on the key works. So it's not dead. Can it be so low on power that just the SKS stops working?

5. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It is probably the keyfob's battery needs to be replaced. Not sure if the 2008 is similar to the 2012 button starts, where you just need to hold your key closer to the start button until you replace the battery.

6. smokiejoe

smokiejoe Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome, glad you were not injured in the Accident. It's a Good thing that you weren't driving a 1958 VW Beetle, like another Prius Chat Members friend. You might have been hurt.

7. Teddy76

Teddy76 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    New battery ordered, thanks. Now I just need to wait 4 more grueling days before I get the car :pout:

8. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Greetings!
    and....Welcome Aboard!!

:welcome: