1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yet another way to steal your car

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bethmaup, Jan 13, 2005.

1. removeum

removeum Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    8) Frank Hudon,

True, but not all handguns have safeties though.

Ben

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

so you carry your wheelgun hammer down on an empty chamber;)

3. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel\";p=\"63623)</div>
    Daniel you are priceless!

:lol:

4. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

Not only do revolvers not have safeties, Glocks do not and neither do many of the new thin generation of pocket pistols, the Double Action only ones, which are modern revolver like in that they cock the shrouded or hidden hammer and let it fall, discharging the gun. Glock's have a trigger in a trigger set up, which they claim is a safety, but it isn't. Some Florida PD uniformed officer was getting out of his patrol car before entering a public school (the city requires all law enforcement to be disarmed, as well as the disarmed potential victims inside, which makes that a perfect killing ground), he left the Glock on the seat, and shot himself in the arse with it.

Apparently he caught the trigger on something when he was getting out and was tugging on the trigger.

Glock's are well known for AD's as well (accidential discharge). Many owners get lowered trigger pulls, buff the parts internally and create a near hair trigger on a semi-automatice handgun with no safety on it.

And legally you can't defend only property in America with deadly force, but that is slowly changing. In Louisiania it is now law that a person can kill any would be carjacker with total immunity from prosocution.

5. removeum

removeum Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    8) Robert Taylor,

You are correct that in Louisiana you can use deadly force to protect your house, car and what is called cartilage. Your car is like your house. Oh by the way, H&K also has a nice 40 cal. sub-compact made for LEO’s that has no safety and is a sweet to shoot.

Ben

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(removeum\";p=\"63998)</div>
    car·ti·lage Pronunciation Key (kהrtl-j)
    n.
    A tough, elastic, fibrous connective tissue found in various parts of the body, such as the joints, outer ear, and larynx. A major constituent of the embryonic and young vertebrate skeleton, it is converted largely to bone with maturation.

cur·ti·lage Pronunciation Key (krtl-j)
    n. Law
    The enclosed area immediately surrounding a house or dwelling.

7. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

H&K makes great stuff, I have an over/under in 12 gauge made by the Fabarms Italian subsidiary. It is a very nice gun, ajustable comb and drop, comes with eight chokes and a nifty case in leather for the whole works. Retails for a little under 2K.

H&K donates some stuff to the Friends of the NRA event in Columbus Georgia every year, they have a facility in the area.

One woman in Louisiana shot a would be car jacker to death before that law was passed, the DA declined to prosocute her for it. At the time I was subscribing to The Economist and they did a tut tutting piece about it.

But I do not see much opportunity for retreat when the armed robber comes for your life and your ride.

8. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    IsrAmeriPrius: Thanks for pointing that out... thought for a minute it was legal to shoot someone only in the outer ear.

9. removeum

removeum Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    8) IsrAmeriPrius,

Shalom, next time I will attempt to proofread my post a little better, prior to posting them.

Ben

10. mspencer

mspencer New Member

I like my idea better.

http://www.priuschat.com/forums/in-car-vid...html?highlight=

"If you can read this, a picture of your face is already on the Internet."

Or something. I don't know if that would scare potential car thieves more or less than it would disturb normal people who are just curious about the car.

--Michael Spencer

11. Frank Hudon

most can't even read. For car jackers people need the unit they use in South Africa. Pressurized gasoline is sprayed and ignited up at an angle and onto the jacker from under the rocker panel. The news reports since people started getting the system installed say car jacking is down over 45%. I wonder why? But you still have your life and your car and the jacker has some burns to attend to. Golley life sucks if you can't rip people off without getting hurt.

12. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I don't know about you, but if I had that anti-theft flamethrower, I'd be paranoid about it accidentally going off when I was getting in the car.

13. Frank Hudon

red panic button on dash or front of console, car off flame thrower off, if driver window down flame thrower off (for drive thru service), if driver door open flame thower off. Doors locked, ignition on, transmission in gear, windows up, flame thrower switch powered, just hit it and burn baby burn.

14. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Until the mechanism goes haywire and sets itself off. I'm not aware of a gadget that doesn't sometimes malfunction.