1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yikes...question for everybody.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lvgal04, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I want one! I want one! I want one! :)

Let me know when you find it. Maybe the priuschat store can work a deal for us and sell a bunch.

2. jonm

jonm New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CitizenjaQ\";p=\"70831)</div>
    Actually, Bill Watterson has never licensed his characters. Universal Press Syndicate did for a time, but their right to do so ended years ago. Any use of them now, despite many images you may see, is illegal.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=720

Yes, I grew up with Calvin, and I think the concept of him caring one way or the other about truck brands or NASCAR drivers is absurd. I find the stickers mildly tasteless for their subject matter, but much more tasteless for their wholesale appropriation of a popular character to make utterly irrelevant statements.
    [/b][/quote]

Ohhh CitizenjaQ nice info....I will have to look it up and digest.

Thanks!!

3. xevious

xevious New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KTPhil\";p=\"70596)</div>
    This is VERY important. The steering rack replacement rumors you heard were at least inspired by a true TSB/recall that affected 2002 and earlier Prius. This is just one example out of a number of TSBs that, if not already taken care of by the previous owners, could leave you with some crippling repair bills.

(For the record, my steering rack was replaced twice, but only because the dealer botched the first replacement.)

Another big-money TSBs that I recall was a hybrid computer (HV ECU) replacement. There were others, but my memory of those heady classic days is getting foggy. Too much early-hybrid intoxication.

I loved my 2002. Nice car.