1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yikes - what's a fair price ?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by AttaBoy, Jul 29, 2008.

1. AttaBoy

AttaBoy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Newbie begging forgiveness in advance.... I'd have added-on to an existing topic/thread but the nearest one was a nearly year old - and no longer "topical" regarding current prices !
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I need to sell my Prius and don't know how to price it - so I thought maybe you guys would offer advice? What better place to beg for help that on a site called PriusChat.com ??

It's a 2008 Prius Pkg-2 VSC red w/23K miles.

Great car, no damage, original tires still good, doesn't need anything, drive it every day including today. I'm a non smoker. It's had all Toyota recommended service. I average 56 hwy, 49 city mpg.

Herein lies the reason for this post: I looked on-line today to attempt to get a feel for current used 2008 Prius prices. What I saw were some dealerships selling "my car" for $28,995 up to as much as $32,995.

If true I've lost all sense of reality. I hope you guys will kick in with some good and fair pricing information for me - tell me if this is actually "for real" or if this is just some weird scam that I'm unaware of. Basically, what's going on with prices... BEFORE I make a fool out of myself ?

Thanks in advance for your sage advice !

AttaBoy
    my email adddress is [email protected]

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It's for real. Used Prii are going for more than new because there is a long waiting list for new and some people don't like to wait. So they'll pay a premium to get it now.

Try Craig's list and let us know how many hours it was before the car was sold.

3. AttaBoy

AttaBoy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks, Godiva ! I'll tackle Craig's list tomorrow - just back from a 6-mile 8:30/10:00 pm walk - worn out ! WHEW.

I still can't believe these prices. Just wow. Some guy from Naples FL offered me 18k (in cash, too!). I respectfully declined ! : )
    Again, thanks.
    [email protected]