1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Yokohama Tyres for Prius 2023 - EU labels

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by Maxwell61, Mar 7, 2023.

1. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    When you really look forward to getting something, aren't you obsessing over every minute detail before it arrives? Tring to mould the experience to be pitch perfect.
    There is PHV nowhere to be seen, but I already read the manual, watched probably every Japanese prototype video, looked at every photo, tried to find the best rims, wheels etc. :)

Gokhan likes this.
  2. Maxwell61

Maxwell61 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    True, but in the WLTP cycle i do not think the ICE would come in so often.

I'm rather puzzled by the small difference between the fuel consumption over (the first) 100 km.
    0,5 lt/100km for the 17" and 0,7 lt/100km for the 19".
    If we take out from the 100 km respectively 86 km and 72 km, the number doesn't round up logically.
    It would appear the ICE kicks in much sooner with the 17" than with the 19", which doesn't make too much sense.
    Anyone has any idea why?

3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'm not following the logic. Are you saying the LE value is worse than expected? If so, that could be because of the warm up penalty. For both, that will take the same amount of time in which some extra fuel is burned to get everything up to operating temperature. The LE has only 14km to spread that set amount of fuel consumed over, while the overs have twice the distance. It's a problem of the LE engine coming on later. Extend the trip past 100km, and the LE's L per km will get better. 14km is under 10 miles, and such short trips are the worse for fuel economy.

I don't understand why the EU has kept with that combined engine and electric fuel figure. People aren't going to drive 100km, then stop to charge up. The EPA tried it for the introduction year of the Volt, and dropped it after realizing it had little relevance to consumers.