1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

YotaMD Remote Upgrades - Are All Models 3 or 4 Button?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by YotaMD, Dec 12, 2020.

1. YotaMD

YotaMD New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all. I'm reaching out to try to understand the remote line up that was offered in the 3rd gen. I think I understand it, but I can't find confirmation anywhere.

I own YotaMD and I design and make remote upgrade kits for Toyota/Lexus and am trying to better promote the style that fits the Prius. It also fits the 200 Series Land Cruiser, Highlander, Avalon, Rav4, and a few other models. I've hesitated to promote much in the Prius crowd because I'm unsure which models this fits and don't want to create equal parts confusion and excitement.

Is the 3 button style like the following picture standard on the 3rd Gen? And then the 4 button is standard on the models with the optional Solar Moonroof? Is that accurate and if so, is that the proper way to explain the remote trim/option?

YMD2 OWTOIWTB.jpg

Thanks much. If there's a contact I need to go through prior to posting business stuff, please send me that way. I saw a post from Danny (mod/founder) saying to contact him, but I can't seem to send him a message and he was last active 4 months ago, so I'm not sure if that's the proper channel. Perhaps traffic is low enough these days it doesn't really matter?

More pics can be found on the YotaMD site, but I can't include a link since my account is new.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi... Those look nice... Any chance you make them for Gen 2 Prius (2004-2009) as that's the 3 button FOB with slot for mechanical key...

And am currently working on a 2013 Prius C (aqua), which is kind of a gen 3 with 3 buttons and no mechanical key and the owner wants to buy a spare FOB

Also have you found anyone who provides the inside parts of replacement FOBS?

3. YotaMD

YotaMD New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I do not for the 2nd gen. Those look uniquely Prius so I'd need to prove out the Prius market with the 3rd gen smart keys first.

On that Prius C, is it the remote style as shown in my pic? That's the style I show in my records, but I could be off for the Prius C.

For the internals, I recommend McGeorge Toyota. Or EB Toyota. They are genuine Toyota dealers with minimal markup for online orders. There are tons of aftermarket options, but those all seem to be hit or miss. Some work fine for years others fail in a few months.

4. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Trunk release button :ROFLMAO:

5. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes the Prius C FOB looks like the 3 button one in the Pic...

6. black_jmyntrn

black_jmyntrn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I have a 2013 PIP Advanced, the 4 button remote I have allows me to turn the car on with the A/C button if it helps.

Do you have the tool to reset a key fob that was previously connected to a vehicle? Where can I get one of your products?

PriusCamper likes this.