1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

You can now upload your own avatar again!

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Danny, Jun 2, 2004.

1. techman322

techman322 New Member

Hey Danny is the file size ever gonna go up, maby if the site gets on a bigger server?

2. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Call me mean but I do not want to share my avatar with anyone- noticed it on another user- since it my personal license plate and custom sticker.

How can I not share it?

3. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

I would PM that user first.

4. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

Don't mean to sound ignorant but what exactly is an Avatar?

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Avatars in this sense are those little pictures that some users have below their names. The intent is usually to make chat rooms a little more friendly, and often convey some personality trait or meaning chosen by the person.

Lots have chatrooms have minimum limits on the number of times you need to post before you are eligible to upload an avatar, not sure if PChat has such a limit.

6. RU EXP 2

RU EXP 2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(techman322 @ Aug 16 2005, 01:03 PM) [snapback]117175[/snapback]</div>
    If you have a Mac .... in iPhoto pick your photo then go to email pick small and it will compose the picture to a smaller file size drag to desktop then pick it as your attachment simple if you have a Mac.
    Peace RU EXP 2

7. Prakash

Prakash New Member

got it-

thanks

8. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Does anyone have the definitive way to use Picasa to create/change avatars? I can't seem to change out of my current avatar into a new one.

9. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    There is cache and then there is cache

Ok, some secret info.....

Some Internet service providers (ISP) have a device which caches web pages. This is a way of being able to load web pages faster for people because it is already sitting for their use right at your ISP. Why would they want to do that? Simple, it reduces their over all need for bandwidth. Simply reloading a page in your browser may not provide you with the results you are looking for. Usually, the ISP will have some kind of default length of time before deciding to look at the real web page again. The only real way of knowing for sure if your ISP is doing this is by calling them up and asking them "do you cache web sites at your ISP?" If the person doesn't understand that question ask to talk to someone more technically inclined.

Good luck.