1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

[you] chosen as PriusChatter of the year!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Mar 29, 2006.

1. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 29 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]231910[/snapback]</div>
    Happy April Fools Day! Good one.

2. seaturtle

seaturtle New Member

ok ok. I never posted... I just log on to get info. I have nothing to say except. I just got my prius today.

Where's my prize?

seaturtle

3. seaturtle

seaturtle New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seaturtle @ Mar 31 2006, 09:10 PM) [snapback]233269[/snapback]</div>
    ok i have doubled my posts... and shocked to find out my name on this thread. Since no one has congratulated me on my new prius ... :unsure:

I just wanted to say... thank you all so much for all the help and this great forum. I think most of my education has been through all your helpful posts and consequently was even ahead of dealers on the information that was available while being on a 5 month blind wait list... not even knowing what price or options or color that was available. It was not a fun process, but I got to say, only thing that got me through it was PRIUS CHAT... thank you all!

Now onto warranty search..... :D

4. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Gee, that was the weirdest thing to see my name just pop up like that...

Well, here I am now a Prius owner. I took the plunge, trading my 2-year-old 2004 Volvo XC90 SUV once gas prices went over $3 here in Cambria. (I paid $3.25/gallon 10 days ago for premium, and knew I was only going to see about 17mpg with all that money.)

I found my Prius immediately in Visalia, CA, about 175 miles away in California's Central Valley near Fresno. Drove there yesterday morning, traded and took the Prius home. Today, I drove with my family to San Jose (about 200mi each way). Filled up the first tank after 484 miles.

5. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seaturtle @ Mar 31 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]233269[/snapback]</div>
    seaturtle,

w00t! Congratulations! Welcome to PriusChat! Forgive the momentary inattention---everyone's wigged out by some name-game pranks the Founding Fathers trotted out while they're tweaking the site.

and the obvious question: what's a seaturtle doing in CO???
    (also, what color's your new baby?)

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seaturtle @ Mar 31 2006, 11:29 PM) [snapback]233307[/snapback]</div>

The reactions like this from first time posters/long time lurkers makes starting this very popular thread worth the hate mail I've also recieved for starting it. I hope the now ex-lurkers can become contributors and help make this great forum continue to grow and be a great place for folks to come.

7. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rick Auricchio @ Mar 31 2006, 09:43 PM) [snapback]233311[/snapback]</div>
    Rick,

Congrats to you, too! Whaddya mean you found your Prius in 4 min.? On the phone?

And welcome to PC! My, we don't always have folks with your resume drop in. (I read all of your links.) This is a very big Mac crowd---more than half our active members (by one poll a couple of years ago). Sounds as if you've had quite the rewarding life the past 25+ years (and maybe a lot before that, too; you just haven't said yet ;) ) Now an actor, writer, restaurant critic and meteorologist, eh?

I doubt I could live right on the water as you do, but Cambria is a great place.

Maybe some time you could tell us what REALLY goes on down the road in Harmony. I've only heard stories. :rolleyes:

8. seaturtle

seaturtle New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 31 2006, 10:55 PM) [snapback]233319[/snapback]</div>
    I just thought it quite a surprise to see my screename which I had forgotten... since I have not come on this site since my October time frame while I was researching what package to aim for. Funny how the day I actually get my WHITE prius and I come back on this site, I see my screenname :p .

We had ordered the silver pine mica without knowing really what color that was.... and luckily had the opportunity for this package 4 in white. Our green one would've taken a month longer....We love it! Can't wait to drive it tomorrow when it is light out.

9. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Now i'll have to write an acceptance speech :p The {you} tag is truly evil...

10. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What's great about this? I read it on April First. That made my day!

11. elmofongo

elmofongo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 29 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]231910[/snapback]</div>

Who me?

12. CAPT Seabee

CAPT Seabee New Member

It's my birthday... no kidding. At least this one is kinder and gentler than having my bathrobe lit on fire... with me in it... in a hospital... being put out by the sprinklers. This was all before AFV. The robe was made from an old Beakins Moving blanket; so ugly noone would steal it... except my Mom apparently.

Warm regards to all the "Spoofees". CAPT Seabee

13. elmofongo

elmofongo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks guys!
    Can I get my HOV stickers now?

14. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Mar 31 2006, 10:11 PM) [snapback]233321[/snapback]</div>
    Really, it actually happened. On Friday evening, 24 March, I decided to try the Costco auto-purchase program, signed up at their web site, and got a confirmation email a few minutes later. While I was reading it, the phone rang. It was one of the guys from Visalia Toyota. He said they had a silver package-8 car.

Since Visalia isn't nearby, I last Saturday I called several dealers to ask about Priuses. I called two dealers within 75mi, another about 120mi away. All three had the usual name-on-the-list situation, and all were very nice folks.

After reading about people driving long distances (I knew about long waits too), I decided to go for the Silver at Visalia.

So, yes, it turned out to be about four minutes, and the dealer called me. Go figure.
    Very little writing in the past few years...hell, I've got forums now! As for restaurants, well, we've got lots here in our tourist town---and I don't look like I miss any meals, do I?
    After eleven years in the foothills overlooking the entire San Francisco Bay Area, we now have the ocean a few doors away. The ocean is different every day. (And I like that it's truly the Pacific, not just a bay...)

(Actually, I should rephrase something. We now live near the ocean. The ocean didn't flood the Bay Area. I wouldn't want non-Californians to think we had the Big One...B) )
    Actually nothing. Population 18. Elevation 3. Total 21.

As for HOV stickers, I'm pleased to think I won't need them. I live 200 miles from either the Bay Area or the Los Angeles area. When we drive to/through those areas, we have at least two in the car or we're there when the lanes are inactive. But my wife suggested the stickers just to go whole hog. (She's more Green than I with the car; I'm a techie as well as enjoying the greenness...)

15. RichBoy

RichBoy New Member

thanks ! ...my other car is a 2007 Cadillac Escalade

16. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RichBoy @ Apr 1 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]233437[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to PC, RichBoy! :)

(Gotta treat anything that happens today as if it's a stick of dynamite in my hand, with a lit fuse.)

17. 05PriusDriver

05PriusDriver New Member

Love it... I am going to have to try this on my site. My members will go nuts trying to figure this one out.

18. TorontoSusan

TorontoSusan New Member

Ohmigod, you gave me a heart attack until I figured this out. Cool!

19. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeneric @ Mar 29 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]231977[/snapback]</div>

Gee guys.. thanks Evan... and now for my first speech....... I would like to thank all the little people....
    no but seriously folks.. can we talk here????

It's April 1st and I just found this thread.. I've been busy getting my house all purdied up for the market.... I missed it till now........ I almost feel right out of bed..... I couldn't believe my friggin eyes!...
    Evan your so sweet to me! :wub:

I won't ask what I can ever do to repay you......... :eek:

Anyway... I think that was a nice plan to shut me up for a while... humm.. lets see.. if 1 a PM from everyone.. that should be about 11000!... Wow.. I don't know if I could stand it!

Anyway.. thanks for a good time....... Do I get free gas for a year in both of my prius's? Or do we all get free gas?

Thanks for the attention.. it makes me feel so special! :) :rolleyes: :D :lol: :unsure:

20. emim

emim New Member

Hello! Thank you for a nice welcome. I hope getting my new car will be as easy as joining priuschat! :D