1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

[you] chosen as PriusChatter of the year!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Mar 29, 2006.

1. eraasch

eraasch New Member

eraasch graciously accepts the honor! ;)

Erin

2. badaka

badaka New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    . . . _ _ _ . . .

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 29 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]231910[/snapback]</div>
    First I would like to thank my fans - for without their support this award would have been impossible. And I can't forget to thank all the small people upon whose shoulders I stand. And of course, my agent, my parents, and my prius.

With all the excellent competitors I faced, I am shocked and awed to come away with this most prestigage award. One works so hard, for so long, a lifetime, and never expects recognition like this. I know I am not worthy of such accolades.

I accept this award on behalf of all those early adopters who suffered the slings and arrows of a narrow minded public - one that still believes we plug our babies into a wall socket every night. I share our pain of those longfull scornfull looks of large SUV drivers we see in our rearview mirror as they attempt to measure the distance between their front and our rear bumper in millimeters.

I share your contempt at Toyotas diluting of hybrid technology by stuffing it into SUV's so they can go from 18 to 22 mpg. Oh, the pain. But we hold fast. The minions of Priui owners - our gaze is fixed - straight ahead - we see lithium ion technology on the horizen. We see deliverance to a tomorrow filled with 100mpg tanks. To a time when winter and cold will be as friendly as summer and hot. When A/C in the summer and heat in the winter will be done without second thought. When the only touble with filling or emptying a bladder will be due to prostate issues. When strong breezes don't blow us off course, or a trucks passing doesn't cause our vehicle to shudder. To a tomorrow with multidirectional adjustable steering wheels, heated and ventilated seats, 16 way power adjusted seats. I see that tomorrow; we will be delivered there; we must believe that.

Again, I would like to thank the acadamy, Priuschat, and above all my fans.

David Berman

4. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks- and only 3 days until April 1st (grin). If I have taken since Dec 2003 to post 460 then doubling would only mean 200 next year- grin... Actually I direct people to PC all the time via our Orange County Prius Club- just ordered golf shirts and baseball hats! With Orange Prius on them-- grin.... B) B) B)

5. Prianista

Prianista Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I cannot possibly deserve this honor, but there is no way I'm giving it back.

6. momfortheenvironment

I'm sorry, was it my stupid questions?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(momfortheenvironment @ Mar 29 2006, 10:31 PM) [snapback]232121[/snapback]</div>
    Ok now I think I get , whoa I thought I'd offended all you nice helpful people!

7. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(momfortheenvironment @ Mar 29 2006, 07:36 PM) [snapback]232121[/snapback]</div>
    Nah, now quit stalling. :D

8. s.e.tx_parrothead

s.e.tx_parrothead New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I would like to thank the Prius Chat "Academy" for this prestigious honor. As I am not yet truly a Prius owner, I am honored.(1 month down as of today and hopefully only 1 month left till the car arrives) :rolleyes: Thanks to all and remember PHINS UP!!!

9. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 29 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]231910[/snapback]</div>
    Thank you Even. Our Alaska airlines tickets arrived today, just in time. We will be thinking of you as we shoosh down the big mountain Ski resort (Flathead Valley Montana). If I win again, it will hopefully be 1st class tic's, next time. Mighty tough squeezing my 6'-5" frame into coach but beggars can't be choosers.
    hill (the one & only)

10. EricGo

EricGo New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hobbit @ Mar 29 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]231978[/snapback]</div>
    Just reply to a quote with the trick -- you'll see the 'you' tag. Jenerc used it, too.

11. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Guess you got some of the new members with that one , Evan. Naughty,naughty. Now we we will always have to be looking over our back to see whats up next, :lol:

12. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    omg, that tag is back again!

13. momfortheenvironment

got me but I caught on, I'm watching. and begreen, not stalling anymore, won't sell my son, maybe a kidney, just getting finanances in order :)

14. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Good thing I wasn't drinking when I saw this one.

15. jeneric

jeneric New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Mar 29 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]232137[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, how'd you get the tag to drop a character?

I like how we can talk about [you] now, and [you] will just think it's the ]you[ tag.

16. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Wow, I have to give it to Evan. It took him about an hour after I reinstalled the ]you[ tag to come up with a great way to get the ball rolling.

I'm enjoying this thread - how about you, [you]?

17. sub3marathonman

sub3marathonman Active Member

Well thank you. That must be for all the help I've given to Peter and his burglarized Prius?

18. Xsparks

Xsparks New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 29 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]231910[/snapback]</div>
    GOT ME GOOD!!

19. Garlic Capital

Garlic Capital New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 29 2006, 07:42 PM) [snapback]231910[/snapback]</div>
    I was away for a day and this honor has to happen :eek: I am THE Garlic Capital :p I joined the forum a while ago but I did not get my Prius until about two weeks ago. I dumped high performance Volvo to get a Prius, if any one of you know what I am talking about. My whole family is very very happy with the new Prius. My daughter cannot stop bragging about nav and voice command. I am already getting 50 mpg and I put over 2k miles in two weeks.

The halo Volvo was a '04 model. I truly enjoyed its terric seats, fantastic stereo, beautiful interior, and excellent service. Other than that, well I got rid of that car after two years of ownership. The Prius is a lot quieter than I anticipated, rides better than I expected, faster than I've imagined (and I drove halo Volvo with 6-speed manual), and downright fun to drive because of all the toys it has and its wonderful combination of technology.

I noticed a grabbing brakes that is discussed else where in this forum. Just posted once because of that. And then already an honor. It's like I won a lottery ticket!!! Thank you, thank you. One post made me an outstanding PriusChat contributor of the year. :blink: :p :lol: B)

And I've been fooled :(

20. xquang

xquang New Member

{Blushed} have a look at my posts amount on the left and see for yourself how many post i made... this is not cool... i'm embarassed... But i love to read your posts, They are very very informative and very helpful... But it is an honor to be the prius chatter of the year. I'm please to share with everyone here.