1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

[you] chosen as PriusChatter of the year!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by efusco, Mar 29, 2006.

1. WeMustEvolve

WeMustEvolve New Member

I was confused for a second. ....If I needed to double my posts, that would still be none. I haven't posted anything yet! :) ...until now. very funny.

2. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This has been a very effective tool in getting "lurkers" to respond..... was the only intent as a joke or was it to flush out folks who don't always say much?

3. larryenok

larryenok New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 29 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]231910[/snapback]</div>
    All right all you jokers, I just wanted you to know that I am the one that won! :angry:

Oh, you won too? And you? And you? and . . . :huh:

I'VE BEEN HOODWINKED! :lol:

4. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    :wacko: aw... and i thought i was special... :rolleyes: nice one evan, had me for a sec there... :p

5. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Should have saved it for April 1st !!! :lol:

6. momsum

momsum New Member

I finally get it and boy do I feel dumb! :huh:

7. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ Mar 30 2006, 11:40 PM) [snapback]232799[/snapback]</div>
    I can't say I had the intent of getting 'lurkers' to respond...didn't think about that specifically. But I thought it would be fun and get everyone thinking about contributing just a little more and to spread the word about PC. But mostly it was in fun.

Unfortunately a few sour-pusses have taken serious offense at being duped... :rolleyes: I assure everyone no offense toward anyone is/was intended.

8. momfortheenvironment

being a newbie at first I thought my questions were dumb but then calmed down and figured it out. I think its neat how many people have posted.

9. jrct9454

jrct9454 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, we took delivery of the car barely a month ago, and have about 500 miles on it. Beyond the crappy GY Integrity tires, the experience as been very positive so far. Averaging about 43 mpg driving it just like every other car I've ever owned. Incidentally, it replaced an '02 MB C240.

I've been very active on the Edmunds boards, but have been here mostly as an observer. Happy to be a source of amusement to all of you....whatever works to make your day.

10. jayway

jayway New Member

A joke that good should have been saved for April Fools!

11. Alrobot

Alrobot Junior Member

That is so cool, I fell for it completely.

12. fuelsipper

fuelsipper New Member

checking mailbox for check, and will, every day...

13. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 31 2006, 08:51 AM) [snapback]232859[/snapback]</div>
    Are you sure that the sour-pusses have figured out that they were duped? I think that some people might have just been gotten to upset when they saw themseleves mentioned throught the thread and then didn't think straight.

The only thing that saved me from being tricked is that you said chatter of the YEAR. If you said week or month then I might have fallen for it. I knew that there was no way that my contriubtions could have been even in the top ten for a year.

People with very low posts might have taken the message as a dig at them for not posting more.

I just find it to be an amusing social experiment.

14. RobertaK

RobertaK New Member

Do you bestow this "Chatter of the Year" on all new members?! Thanks! I've never been anything- of- the- year before. Neither have I ever been in a "Chat Anything." It's been fun and helpful. :D RobertaK

15. benob

benob New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ Mar 29 2006, 04:17 PM) [snapback]231950[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the honor folks !! LOL :)

Geez, I better get off my chair and make some Prius Mods to come in and post some more ... problem is I stilll don't have my stickers and it get's me depressed every morning when it comes to commute time.

16. rocco

rocco Member

Wow that fooled me! I was really feeling guilty - having not post or even visited in . . well a long time :)

17. slomves

slomves New Member

Thank you, we appreciate the honor. 1 down, 5 to go.

18. Doutt It

Doutt It New Member

So are you saying that I didn't win :) ???

I am the real "doutt it" as you can see. I interested know why the moderator picked me to be the root of this thread. I don't remember doing anything specifc to make people mad at me.

19. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

Every time I've seen one of these it actually takes me about the 2nd or 3rd post to realize I'm not as important as I think I am. :)

20. MexTaco

MexTaco New Member

I'm the original MexTaco, one post WINS!