1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

You know you're a Prius driver when:

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by seasidetraveler, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Aug 1 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]295877[/snapback]</div>
    wow.. once a week? and I thought I travelled a lot haha. I usually travel 50km/day so ~350km a week and thus half a tank a week but the tank stretches to 3 weeks only because of the extended range (800kms vs 650-700kms during the rest of the year).

2. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

• You look forward to going to the drive-thru because you feel so superior to the cars surrounding you, burning gas
    • You think the Prius looks beautiful when some around you think it's the ugliest car on the road
    • You can't even remember what it was like not knowing your 5-minute averages

3. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You are disturbed because the cars around you are idling (parking lot, road or drive-through).

You always spot the red signal light far ahead and try and go for the longest possible glide.

Your cumulative tank fuel economy briefly dropped below 55 mpg this morning.

You keep a detailed spreadsheet log of each fuel fill-up, tank and cumulative fuel economy (two copies, one to keep in the glove compartment, one to hand out to those who ask questions).

You have Sunshields for every window.

You wash your own vehicle and never go to a commercial car wash.

You always notice Prii I and Prii II on the road and you keep waiting for the entire Toyota fleet to go hybrid.

You see a dirty Prius (not well taken care of).

4. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Salsawonder @ Aug 1 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]295759[/snapback]</div>
    That has happened to me. My sister called from out of town and asked what the gas prices were here. I had to say "I can't remember...", as I racked my memory. She was a tad flabbergasted at that. (I gas up every 3-4 weeks).

These are all good posts, and mostly true (altho I don't have SKS). The only other car that generated as much conversation was my 1965 VW bug. It seemed everybody (including strangers at the gas station) would remember a story about when they or a friend owned a bug. Because in the 70's apparently almost everybody had a bug or at least rode in one fairly often.

Maybe in a couple decades it'll be like that for my son when he restores my '06, as everybody remembers their Prius stories. B)

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You get into a debate on whether the plural is Prii or Priuses.

6. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ Aug 1 2006, 03:10 PM) [snapback]295929[/snapback]</div>
    Since the Prius is THE hybrid, its plural would be "THE hybride," although there is some argument about this, with some (mostly from Texas) asserting that the correct plural is "THEM hybride." Use of the word "hybrids" is, of course, vulgar.

Mark Baird
    Alameda CA

7. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You park as far away from other cars as possible (even in 100 degree heat) so you won't get a car ding. :rolleyes:

8. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

picture this
    lunch room at work
    new hire walks in sits down and say's who owns the Prius
    me
    what's your gas mileage
    other worker, Don't ask him that he'll give it to you at 9 decimal places!

9. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    You stop at a light and the engine stops. You think that's normal and are surprised that it doesn't restart when you put your foot on the pedal. It's only THEN you remember that you're driving someone else's car.

10. GasGuzzler87

GasGuzzler87 New Member

when you lose every race you engage in

(sorry had to do that)

11. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    ... you spend more time dodging people in parking lots than looking for a space.

12. jrnteacher

jrnteacher Junior Member

"You actually start looking for the roads with lower speed limits on it so you can glide as much as possible."

And if you can't drive on a less-than-40-mph-road, you hit the emergency flashers and pretend to have mechanical difficulty so that you can pulse-and-glide 40-30 mph without getting rear-ended!

13. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You drive down the road giving yourself "hell yeahs!" for new mpg highs; consecutive 5 minute increments at 99.9 mpg; achieving stealth Nirvana; etc.

Or would that just be the Southern Prians??

14. molgrips

molgrips Member

You almost crash your shiny new car because you spend more time looking at the bloody MFD than the road...

*ahem*

15. curse

curse New Member

Just to rub it in, give you fuel economy in 'Miles per quart' or tell folks that you think this might be the month you will have to buy gas again.

16. EricGo

EricGo New Member

MPQ -- miles per quart. That is funny !
    A similar but much more extensive thread is at greenhybrid.com. They came up with some dandies.

One I remember: When granny rolls by and flips you off !

17. Drift Motion

Drift Motion RMS13

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    tryin not to use the ICE as much

first week of ownership, cant stop staring at the MFD

18. Fineagedwine43

Fineagedwine43 New Member

This is for my Husband (FireEngineer)...

He will NOT run the Air Conditioning when it is EXTREMELY hot outside, he will drive with the windows down so that he can still get his good gas mileage!!! (On his way home from work, or when he goes out by himself), but he will run it when I am with him, because he loves me and knows I can''t tolerate heat... Such a sweetie!!! :p

Teresa

OH yeah, and he is ALWAYS checking the MFD Screen too... drives me crazy sometimes!!! lol :lol:

Teresa

19. Starfall

Starfall New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    >> He will NOT run the Air Conditioning when it is EXTREMELY hot outside, he will drive with the windows down so that he can still get his good gas mileage!!! (On his way home from work, or when he goes out by himself), but he will run it when I am with him, because he loves me and knows I can''t tolerate heat... <<

He's a "keeper." <_<

You go girl!

20. Fineagedwine43

Fineagedwine43 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Starfall @ Aug 2 2006, 07:15 PM) [snapback]296646[/snapback]</div>

Yep, I agree, he is definately a keeper!!!! ;)