1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

you wanna know why there are no honest mechanics?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by galaxee, Jun 4, 2007.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Wow, talk about a First Class A**hole. I will almost guarantee that the reason this person didn’t complain directly to the dealership management – or Toyota management for that matter – is that this individual has a business degree and is a groveling minion where he works.

So naturally this little worm chose to dump on the “grunt†and kiss hiney to management.

If things continue I should be able to “retire†in about 10 years. It won’t be a moment too soon, I am so sick of the butt sniffing minions out there.

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigmahma @ Jun 4 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]455406[/snapback]</div>
    I got A's in English and communication ... which was my undergraduate work (w/ post graduate work law ... CA license #172147 ... btw attitude adjustment has nothing to do w/ THAT either ... they're both there, just in case) ... so perhaps I can help you understand the word's "never mind" ? ? ... if you missed that part? Notwithstanding, it's funny you'd reply to me with an, "If you ... " which sounds as though your speaking in the same vein of your misunderstanding ... which would be hypocratical ... so I already know I must have misunderstood you ... too ;)

(And since your attempted hyjacking of the topic won't work w/ me ...) Aren't you the one whose recent vile topic about minorities in prison versus college degrees was removed from FHOP - and that being the case, I won't dignify a response w/ any further response on this thread ... again since it's off topic. You can send a msg if you truely didn't get it.

Sufficent to say here (bringing it back on topic now ... for good) ... we PC members LOVE our honest Prius mechanics, and thanks in advance for all the good you will be continuing to do.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Here's a modest proposal for all those PCers in the RTP area, especially the ah-so who caused the problem in the first place:

When you have to take your Prius in for repair, take it to Galaxee's DH, and then lavish the praise on him, and the dealership so Toyota notices, that he deserves for his service to us all.

Of course, the ah-so will have to be satisfied with the junior tech from now on, but he should ask as part of his atonement.

I'm really sorry another PCer did this, DH of Galaxee. We all are so grateful for your and Galaxee's contribution to our knowledge of this wonderful car. You are both magnanimous in your restraint in not naming the ah-so who caused this problem.

4. whitespider

whitespider Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee @ Jun 4 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]455334[/snapback]</div>
    Listen, words and compliments are nice. But actions always speak louder than words;

You have helpped me in the past, Galaxee, in one of my threads. I want you to know i'm a very very good computer technician and if you ever EVER need to buy a new ANYTHING computer related I will find you the cheapest price possible on anything, as well as troubleshoot or help you fix any problem you have. Basically you have unlimited free advice and shopping advice. My favorite way to help others in this sense is bulding them a computer, buying each and every part they want at dirt cheap prices, brand new, and then building it with my own hands and servicing it myself whenever they need help. Being that you're obviously not local, I can find you everything you need, then recommend how you can take all the parts to a shop and find you one that can build it for you if you hand them all the pieces (here it's like $35 at the mom and pop shops, takes about 3-4 hours). Not to mention all the computer advice related to anything else you could possibly need.

Generally, this applys to any PCer, but ESPECIALLY you guys. I want you to feel welcome, and since my profession means I can help as it's assumed 90+% of all PCers own a computer, then I can always find a way to play a role in satisfaction of the community. :D

We all have our own professions outside of being PCers, lets show Galaxee and DH our support as a professional, honest, and considerately appreciative community! :)

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(derk @ Jun 4 2007, 07:19 PM) [snapback]455392[/snapback]</div>
    Let me add that those of us who have been here since Prius Chat was in its infancy also greatly appreciate the help, advice, and general information that you two have brought to this site.

6. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Jun 10 2007, 11:17 PM) [snapback]459446[/snapback]</div>
    Correction:

Words (no 's) ; Hypocritical; Hijacking; Sufficient.

You sure you got an "A"?

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself! lmao!

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    thanks again, folks, for the showing of support. it means a whole lot to us, especially DH who is still bitter about the whole experience. we have just gotten screwed over in so many ways that we're almost used to it, but we're very near the edge.

8. TNPapa

TNPapa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Galaxee, tell you husband that we are sorry that he had to put up with this horse s**t from someone on Prius Chat.

I have only had my Prius since April, but always look for your posts and your husbands excellent advice. Thank you for being here and if there is anything we can do to help, please let us know.

9. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    Galaxee- sorry you and DH have had to deal with this. I have been working so much lately that I haven't had time to do much more than skim new posts every day or so and missed this thread initially. I had already decided that if my Prius every needs more than just routine maintanence it would make the road trip to the Triangle so DH could take care of it. And believe me high praise to the powers to be would result. Of course, I hope that never really comes to pass, because I hope my baby never has any problems that require DH's expertise. We drove through your area today and saw 2 black Prii - maybe one of them was you. Hope everything works out and thanks to both you and DH for sharing all of your knowledge.

10. JHSmith

JHSmith 2020 Avalon Hybrid Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hill @ Jun 10 2007, 11:17 PM) [snapback]459446[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusFTW @ Jun 11 2007, 01:51 PM) [snapback]459608[/snapback]</div>

Let's continue:

That grand "post grad work law" person wrote:

"as though your speaking" :eek: rather than "as though you're speaking"

"send a msg if you truely" :huh: rather than "send a msg if you truly"

Oh, well, I guess spelling accuracy isn't required to get A's in English and communication.

Sorry, couldn't help myself, either. ;) The devil made me do it!

11. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusFTW @ Jun 11 2007, 01:51 PM) [snapback]459608[/snapback]</div>
    I said english and communic 8'n ... not spellin'
    :D

"F"s in using the spell check.

12. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, must have missed this thread. I vote for banning the infantile toad and secretly adding 10 degrees of toe-out to the front wheels. "Whoa, I can't steers my Prinus in de crosswinde!" :blink: