1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your complaints/disappointments with your C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by BrunoPuntzJones, Mar 17, 2012.

1. WiscPriusc

WiscPriusc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Now that Winter approaches, I would like to mention that I wish the climate control went a few more degrees colder than 65 f. Even in manual mode, the 65 degree setting is too warm with typical winter gear on and LO seems to be no heat at all. I realize this may be to keep users from cranking the a/c lower than 65, but in heating season sometimes 60 f is all you need when you are wearing a coat. I find myself alternating the temp myself between 65 and LO.

lensovet likes this.
  2. janda55803

janda55803 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This has been a great car. We are closing in on 20,000 miles and really enjoy it.Living in northern Minnesota with cold and snow I'm having problems with ice getting in behind the hinges of the hatchback. Have to be very careful opening and closing it.Most of these complaints on this site seem to be trivial hey, you knew what you were buying a small car with great mpg Quit your bitchin about its lack of luxury.

carolD and WE0H like this.
  3. CAlbertson

CAlbertson Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Yes. But I figured it was cheaper and better to buy a C1 and a smart phone. I tend to keep cars "forever" so even if the Entune system was truely state of the art it would be "dated" most of the time I'd own the car. I figured even a good 2012 vintage electronics package would look kind of primitive on 2022. I thought the C1 was the best value but I do miss a few things (1) no rear hatch door light

and (2) auto headlights but I could rig some kind of relay and timer. (3) the foam packing around the spare tire is a waste of space. It should be usable storage. I will have to work on building something to replace the foam.

4. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Yes yes, everyone knows that. This is a thread made specifically for bitchin' and that's what we'll do! :p I'm certain everyone here is still very happy with their purchase.

WE0H and RocMills like this.
  5. Klaatu

Klaatu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The only observation after 2000 miles is the car has very little sound insulation, lots of road noise. I was hoping that the car would be a little quieter than my 2002 Toyota Tacoma pickup. Maybe when I eventually change the factory grade tires I will hear some improvement.

6. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Quick a few folks have mentioned road noise, but I never really experience. I guess between the radio and not really caring, it's never been an issue for me. I do get a sound that seems like one of the windows isn't rolled quite all the way up, but never a problem with "road noise" itself.

carolD and vernon birdman like this.
  7. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    ^I guess I always lump that in with road noise as well.

8. Christian

Christian New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    blue thingy on shifter would be awesome if it lights up when charging battery or something....

franathan likes this.
  9. Slinton57

Slinton57 Hybrid Silver Bullet

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The rear view mirror seems to loom large in the front window when night driving. Just an adjustment that I guess is inherent in driving a smaller car. My wife finds the ride a bit rough and I have to agree. Even so I really like it! It is actually fun to drive.

10. studiopeg

studiopeg Junior Member

Many of the things being complained about are not "luxury car" items.

Also, I'm sure Toyota monitors this board. It's good to provide feedback on things that we customers would like improvement on.

Personally, one of my biggest complaints is a safety feature. I just cannot believe how the turn signals stay on turn after turn. Even my motorcycle has better turn signal sensitivity.

11. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Huh, I haven't had a single issue with the turn signals. They turn off easier than my old car did.

Slinton57, have you tried adjusting the mirror up on its arm? That helped me immensely with the feeling it was blocking my view.

12. studiopeg

studiopeg Junior Member

I did read one other person (I think it was in this thread) saying the same thing about their turn signals being insensitive. Seems our turn signals need some sensivitiy training, LOL

13. vernon birdman

vernon birdman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I agree. My previous car was a Nissan Versa and I find my C less noisy. My other car is a Smart car (diesel) which is ver noisy.

14. Icouldabeenav8

Icouldabeenav8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Besides the fact that the taillights make this car butt ugly I only have a few complaints about my 2013 C2.

1)When I lock the car with the key fob, there is no chirp. Annoying when you've stepped away from the vehicle and recall that you haven't locked it. You are forced to face the vehicle to ensure that it locks by watching the lights flash. I checked and my wife's Lexus chirps so I know this is not impossible technology for Toyota.
    2)Armrest is too short and low to rest my arm on comfortably - even fully extended.
    3)The rear headrests block your field of vision to the rear. I consider them a hazard.
    4) I have a windshield sun shade and have to wrestle with it like on no car I've previously owned when putting it away. Not a Prius C fault, just a function of the small interior space.
    5)Engine is pretty thrashy sounding when climbing hills and such. Otherwise, it is very quite at cruise.

More to come.

BTW, the reason I got a two is because I refused to get the navigation system that comes with a highr level of trim. This was based on my experience with my wife's navigation on her RX350 system. My salesman said he understood and ceased trying to upsell us on the navigation. Is there a worse system in any other automobile?

minkus likes this.
  15. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Mine chirps.

16. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Vehicles with SKS do it (ie. C3 and C4). Mine did chirp but I got the dealer to turn it off. :)

17. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Ah... so 3/4s do it, but 1/2s don't?

18. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Exactly.

19. john roman

john roman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I wish they put the jump terminal on my 2013 prius c. other than that love the car.

20. Teacake

Teacake OohShiny

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What if you hit the lock TWO times? On my Honda, doing that will make the horn beep. While not a subtle solution, it is one you can hear. :p