1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your complaints/disappointments with your C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by BrunoPuntzJones, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Jake123

Jake123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Nope, no chirp after 2 lock button presses on my C2. I personally like it off. Typically if I am unsure if I locked it or not, I am still within eyesight of it and can see the lights flash.

2. R Scneider

R Scneider Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Love to get rid of the curved cut lines in the dash cover. Material looks cheap.
    Don't like the hub caps on my 12 C3 but can't afford the Toyota mags.

3. brucepmiller

brucepmiller Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Why am I only averaging 51.9 mpg after 13,000 miles, 70 percent of which have been frigging highway miles? What a joke. :)

4. minkus

minkus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    They didn't really bother me that much, but I took them off and leave them in the back seat/trunk, since there's rarely someone back there.

5. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I know... it's awful. I can't believe that I'm only getting twice what my old car was averaging. :LOL:

carolD likes this.
  6. mahout

mahout Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

7. mahout

mahout Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Steel wheels cost a lot less, so do drum brakes thanks to low prices by drum brake makers desperate to keep incmoe. Actuaslly, discs cost less and should be OEM like Europeans think drums are incompetent on their roads/drivbing.
    I miss large enough data on the oprimary display for things that matter most to driving.

8. Icouldabeenav8

Icouldabeenav8 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    More:

My c2 cannot be locked with the fob if any door is open. Must close everything before fob works. Very inconvenient if you have a load of groceries or something and want to lock up before picking up an armful of groceries.

Another gripe: When my wife drives the c2, my gas mileage goes to hell, She is still not happy with my purchase. Can't blame Toyota for that.

minkus likes this.
  9. minkus

minkus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The separate cruise control stalk. I do like that it's easy to use and flick up/down without changing my hands' positions, but I have to turn right slightly when parking in the driveway, which leaves the CC stalk pointing straight down, and my knees hit it when getting out of the car. I'm worried that it's eventually going to break if I do that too often.

Edit: The wheel is up as much as possible. I moved my seat back some to see if that fixes the problem - I'm 6 feet tall, and the seat was a little bit closer than halfway. I moved it back to a little bit further than halfway.

I just noticed that. That sounds like something that can be fixed with a software update at the next routine maintenance, or at the very least something that Toyota should let us change (like the seat belt beep) if we want to.

10. burgundy47

burgundy47 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My downer was no mute button to the sound system.

11. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Hold down the "Mode" button on the steering wheel. Just learnt that from another thread recently but I can't for the life of me find it right now.

Mr Gee and minkus like this.
  12. Fauxknight

Fauxknight Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I use my C for deliveries, the rear headrests had to go.

My next biggest issue was the lack of places to hide my emergency supplies (I was a boyscout). I used to keep the fire extinguisher in the spare tire well, but the C's foam inserts leave zero space down there. Had to buy a toolbox and some peel and stick rubber feet for it, works well and is easy enough to take out when I do need more room.

I don't understand he headlight issues unless the 2012 models didn't have the DRL option. IMHO these should always be on, unless you need more light. Even during the day lights dramatically improve one's ability to spot an active car, particularly in residential areas with lots of parked cars and while diving a car that can operate w/o its ICE running (that means us Prius owners).

13. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I just found this out the other day. Hold the mode button for a few seconds. It is the pause button.

14. OzTony

OzTony Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    My C, Australian spec I-Tech, is the best car I have ever had, now at 21,000km after seven months. I find rear visibility poor (fortunately rear camera is standard fit here). The only thing I'd change is a minor realignment of the instrument cowl - I like to sit high and it just cuts off the top of the display - can't be bad if this is the worst fault. Am just sad that the Auris/Corolla hatch hybrid isn't sold here as a larger boot would be useful.

15. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    weather is getting warmer now and I get a lot of bug kill going home every once in a while, kinda hard to clean the bugs that get killed on the toyota T symbol off

was so bad that the whole front of my c had little red blood specs all over it

16. C4me

C4me Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

Not sure if thus will help with the bug body count litter but we used to put a heavy coating of liquid furnature wax like pledge or ? On the windshield of our small aircraft each time we stopped to refuel for that very thing. I was thinking if it did not interfear with our windshield it might be ok for the prius hood. Worth a try

17. 1911Tex

1911Tex Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You might not believe this, but sometimes we have bursts of "love bugs" by the millions....sprayed PAM on the front of the car.........no bugs allowed ! Bug splats fall right off with light hose water. But not on the windshield.....

C4me likes this.
  18. bilzhorse

bilzhorse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Actually, the C is rated at 53 city and 46 highway so you are doing well getting 51.9mpg.

19. brucepmiller

brucepmiller Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I know - I was just being silly. This is a great little car and I have no complaints except I wish I had one in every color!

carolD likes this.
  20. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Or a color changing car... OH MY GOD!!!!

bitch ima prius c, Rob.au and minkus like this.