1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your complaints/disappointments with your C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by BrunoPuntzJones, Mar 17, 2012.

1. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    A backup camera option/add on accessory.

Better mpg display options. Kinda confusing, to me, but nothing that adding a scangauge won't solve.

Better/easier Bluetooth setup/pairing. My wife's phone keeps not working/connecting even though I've set it up and had it working multiple times. Maybe it's my error, but set up on other stereos have never been so frustrating. :mad:

2. moezer2112

moezer2112 Futurist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My complaint/dissapointment is that I cannot get my hands on the prius c I want. I chose my configuration and apparently its not one that's commonly built (yet). So, I'm waiting for my dealer's preference to get processed through at the beginning of April to see if one comes available.

Its a blue c three with alloys and moonroof, should be one of their big movers...

Seems like the vast majority of fours are "loaded" with 16" alloys and moonroof. I wish they were making more "loaded" threes with 15" alloys and moonroof (in my color).

Waiting as patiently as possible...

3. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had the same problem! I wanted the Red C three with alloys and sunroof and there are none made at all! Or if there were, none were shipped to my area. If I wanted one I would have had to special order and wait 60+ days. No that wasn't happening. I decided to go for the car without the alloys and if I want them later, I can always put them on aftermarket.

4. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    it's not about "knowing". this car is positioned as a cheap/small car in the US. unfortunately, if you want a truly "loaded" small car, you have to go to Europe for that.

lighted vanity mirrors are in the same category. the cost to toyota is minimal, but this sort of stuff is just not expected in that class.

5. PlutoISaPlanet

PlutoISaPlanet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Annoyances so far:

1. Automatic Headlights
    2. Car "beeps" are pretty annoying (headlights on, keys in)
    3. No "extensions" on the visors (is this only on the II?)
    4. Car seat hooks are impossibly difficult to get in. Extremely frustrating
    5. Outside temperature is only displayed on Drive Info mode. I wish it were displayed in every mode. My favorite is Eco Score.

BrendaL and Tracy like this.
  6. kwhitty

kwhitty New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I hate the passenger airbag light that never turns off. It's a bit distracting.

The Honda Fit that I used to drive had an instantaneous mpg display at all times. I miss it like crazy. Yes, there's the 5 min. consumption screen (that isn't turned on by default), but I liked having that available all the time.

My last one is more related to the perils of a brand-new car coupled with me having babies on the brain: there aren't a lot of reviews for things like car seat compatibility.

7. pippijones

pippijones Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

Yeah so are the black c three in the north east. I bought mine last week and I can't pick it up till next week. :frown:

8. Mister MMT

Mister MMT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In the Hybrid drive train, the gas-engine use is not directly linked to the wheels, the electric motor is. The eCVT, also called power split device, steered by the system's computer, selects the best proportion of both power sources. So, the gas-egine, also called ICE for Internal Combustion Engine, will often consume a lot of gas for a short time, and at others, almost nothing.

Instanteneous mpg display therefore is nearly useless. Look instread at the Power display and keep that below half. The 5 min. interval of gas consumption is better. Can the interval be set to longer times? 10 or 15 min might be even more useful.

Have fun getting used to the new world of HSD!

Jan

9. Mister MMT

Mister MMT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    100% agree. Consider for example the European made Yaris Hybrid:

A Yaris Hybrid Mid Grade level (called Life in Germany) comes standard with:

Unique front bumper with aero grill
    rear disk brakes
    7 airbags (it lacks the front seat anti-dive ones)
    dual zone automatic climate control
    Height adjustable driver seat
    Adjustable leather steering wheel with distant controls
    Projector headlamps with LED Daytime Running Lights
    Follow me home lights (headlight switch-off delay)
    Rear LED lights
    Electric coloured-keyed door mirrors
    The Toyota Touch providing a colour touch screen control for the audio, MP3 / ipod and telephone and even converts to a rear-view camera to help whilst reversing into tight spaces. BTW, its galre is also annoying!
    ECO-Drive-Monitor both no Eco-save!
    Height Adjustable trunk bottom, low and high position
    Softtouch-Elements on the Dash and front doors
    central door locking per key with distant control
    no start button

It has no Alloy wheels (15 in.), but one could keep these for the winter tires and buy the Toyota Yaris Alloys for the summer tires.

The Comfort Package includes:

Keyless Smart-Start System (replaces the key in the standard version)
    Cruise control with speed limit
    Rear electric windows
    Dusk sensing headlamps
    Auto-dimming rear view mirrors

All in all, this is a Prius c 3 with quite a bit of extras unavailable on the Prius c range.

If Toyota can provide all that for the European Yaris Hybrid (and also the conventional one!), why not in the States?

Jan

10. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just put it on the driver's info screen and it keeps your mpg average up ALL the time.

11. kwhitty

kwhitty New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, I've found the Eco screen to be a pretty good substitute, but I think I just liked the instant and constant feedback I had. It may take a week or two to train my eyes not to be looking for it.

12. madfast

madfast New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Just got my C III! so far here are my complaints:

1.) no dead pedal. really? they couldnt put a 5 cent piece of plastic there to rest my foot?
    2.) the rear seat headrests really are that bad. they block what seems like 2/3 the already small rear windows. im wondering if we can order the small center headrest and replace the big ones with it?
    3.) i have moonroof and boy does it cut into the head room... even without the moonroof, the car is short. i cant imagine tall people feeling super comfy in this car
    4.) the sloped hood makes it hard to locate the front of the car. good for visibility, but bad for parking. something i'll have to get used to.
    5.) the steering is light. very light imo. i can see how people want this, but for me i rather like the feel of heavy steering

now for the good:
    1.) surprisingly peppy. 0-40 is quite quick. from a dead stop you cant "launch" it so that's why the 0-60 is so poor on paper. but once moving, it picks up speed quite nicely. my first hybrid and im liking it for city driving.
    2.) in pictures i hated the steering wheel. in real life it's a nice size and even though its not leather, it doesnt feel all that cheap.
    3.) the visibility is great. for me there are no blind spots as i can easily look over my shoulders and look out the rear side windows. now the rear window itself is ridiculously small. made even smaller by the headrests and center seat belt if used.

13. pippijones

pippijones Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    my only complaint about the car so far is.....that I dont have it yet!

14. C_4_NC

C_4_NC New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I also miss the "dead pedal". I'd really be interested to know if someone finds a way to add one of those later.

Auto headlights would have been nice but at least the DRL lights can be left on after stopping car and then they are automatically on when starting again.

15. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    To those complaining about the rear headrests, I can't believe you are actually contemplating putting your passengers in danger. Seriously, what the hell?

Re: European Yaris, just FYI but LED DRLs are now standard on all Prius models on all grades.

16. BrunoPuntzJones

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    IV
    I don't carry passengers so rear headrests were yanked before I even got home with it.

And yeah I've noticed the dead pedal issue. Will see if I can fab up a plastic piece and pin it down.

17. madfast

madfast New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    but it's really that bad. i thought people were overreacting, but then i experienced it first hand. the headrests cover the entire left and right side of the rear window.

imo its definitely the bean counters' fault. you can use folding rear headrests or ones that are integrated into the rear seat and slide up to the correct height. both solutions obviously cost more. but having most of your rear view blocked? it seems like a crappy way to save money no?

Tracy likes this.
  18. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I could argue that about a lot of other interior convenience features that got dropped in this car too. That's the reality of what this car is unfortunately.

Also, in my mind, rear passengers not getting their heads dislocated in an accident >>>>> rear visibility. Hell, I see plenty of drivers on the road that clearly never even look out their rear windows except when backing out.

19. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    (if I had this car, my solution would be to remove the headrests when driving solo and make sure they are put in when there are passengers in the back (which isn't that often)

20. madfast

madfast New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    well if someone sits in the back, their head will block your view anyway, so obviously you'd put the headrests in. the problem is when no one sits back there. they basically force you to take them out, lest you get a piss poor rear view. plus when you fold the rear seats down, you may have to take off the huge headrests, depending on how far back the front seats are. folding or integrated headrests would help here as well.

i would gladly pay for some folding rear headrests that match the interior fabric. anybody wanna make some? i'll be first in line...

Boojoo007 and Tracy like this.