1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your complaints/disappointments with your C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by BrunoPuntzJones, Mar 17, 2012.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Simply remove the headrests and slp them into a bag. Place them in the driver's side rear footwell or the storage bin in the rear until needed. It,s not that big of a deal. lol

fits2at and lensovet like this.
  2. madfast

madfast New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    it's not that big a deal, just super annoying. if you're like me who drives alone and with passengers, equally, it may get on your nerves real quick...

3. Logical

Logical Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    FYI....
    you can get temperatures displayed by putting your finger lightly on the temperature controls of the steering wheel.

maybe we should start a "Easter Egg" tread.....

4. R11

R11 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's cool. I knew it displayed via the touch tracer display, but I figured you had to actually change the temp for it to show up. This is much better for a quick look see at the outside temp! Thanks.

ron

5. crebble

crebble Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You can see your cruising range on the 6.1" display. Hit the car button and trip information.

6. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    (assuming you have a Three or Four, that is)

7. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I actually rest my left foot in the area where the break is and there's plenty of room. It's surprisingly comfortable.

8. BrunoPuntzJones

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    IV
    What are cruise miles anyway?

9. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe it's the estimated range before needing fillup.

10. PlutoISaPlanet

PlutoISaPlanet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    is this only on the 3 & above? On my 2 there's no pressure sensitive temperature controls on the steering wheel as far as I can tell.

11. BrunoPuntzJones

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    IV
    That's what I was thinking, but didn't make much sense as it's showing like 120 miles, and I have over half a tank left and almost 270 miles on this tank already.

12. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Most likely, since only 3+ have the touch tracer display as well

13. babalooo

babalooo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I agree with most of everyone's complaints but also this:
    I can't carry a lot of items in the back hatch. Barely anything. I seem to continuously have to take off the cargo cover and put the back seats down. For this, I REALLY miss my Honda Fit. I am not looking forward to my next week's trip where I need to carry luggage and a cooler in the back.

14. beerme

beerme Repeat Offender

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    1. I wish they would make fog lamps an available accessory. I know that I could've gotten the Four or I could pay $600 for the JDM stuff, but that's not going to happen.

2. Lack of storage bins- is there a place to stash jumper cables, cargo straps, bungees, etc?

3. Lit mirrors on the visors.

Ditto on taking out the rear headrests- I just keep them in the back, in my milk crate.

15. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Like everyone else, I am loving my C, but this is the place to complain so here goes!

1. No homelink. I didn't realize how much this would bother me but it does. There is really no place to put my garage door clicker and it's so big and clunky, not to mention it's difficult to find a black colored one! So the beige one sticks out like a sore thumb in the black cup holder. How much more would it have cost to include homelink, come on!

2. Buzzing sound from BlueTooth speaker. I mentioned this in another thread but yep, when someone is talking, a slight buzzzzz sound is behind their voice. No good!

3. Unless I haven't figured it out yet, and if someone knows please explain, I wish when I clicked on the phone button on the steering wheel, the screen would immediately go to the speed dials like it did on my last car. I have to push a few buttons to get there now.

4. When I'm using a specific feature on the screen, such as the screen for the BlueTooth when I'm on the phone, I wish it automatically went back to my main screen of choice when I was done. I always had it as the main audio screen for the music in my other Prius'. Anyone know if that's possible to do on the C?

5. No lights on visor mirrors. Really now??

6. No backup camera. I'm used to having one and yesterday I needed it to see if a car was behind me, although I can live without it, I guess haha!

7. Outside temperature display. Wish it was always shown, but I did figure out that all u need to do is lightly tap on the climate control on the steering wheel and there it is, so I'm ok now.

8. Backseat headrests. I agree with everyone, they do block the back window a bit too much, but they are so easy to remove, so it's ok.

9. Steering wheel. I wish it was leather but I am getting used to the feeling of the rough material, whatever it's called! I still may look into a wheel skin cover though.

Anyway, that's really all I can think of. I never enjoyed automatic headlights on my other cars, call me crazy, I know most love it, but I don't. So the lack of that feature doesn't bother me.

I love my C! :)

16. Tek55

Tek55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Dead Pedal!

If anybody fabricates some type of cover for this I'd gladly buy one

17. JarOfAlmonds

JarOfAlmonds Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    This! So much this! It's been my primary complaint so far.

I would buy one in a second, especially if it is designed to let the water runoff from your shoe go into the all-weather mat.

18. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    re: lights on visor mirrors, not to sound like a broken record, but that's the bean-counter cheapness coming through!

19. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I also forgot to mention the sun glare on the screen. It's pretty bad and makes it almost impossible to read the screen when the sun shines on it. My 2010 and 2006 Prius didn't have this issue as badly as the C does.

Any suggestions to make it better? A little visor or something?

20. lensovet

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    have you tried adjusting brightness/contrast (obviously while in direct sunlight)?