1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your complaints/disappointments with your C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by BrunoPuntzJones, Mar 17, 2012.

1. j_benj

j_benj Prius C Fan

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I had a 2008 Scion xB and that noise was HORRIBLE. I had the same experience as you the first time I heard it.. I pulled over in a panic thinking something was wrong with my car.

2. SoGalinSoCal

SoGalinSoCal New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Super in love with my lil Blueberry, despite the length of this list! :D Just silly gripes. Repeating same things as most other posters...
    1. Turning radius (esp into parking spaces) SUCKS! Surprises me for a small car, you'd think that would be good?
    2. Acceleration up to highway speed and straight uphill is lacking.
    3. No options for backup camera, auto-dimming mirror/compass/homelink on any package?? At least give us the options and let us pay $$$ for the convenience of not having to hunt everywhere for aftermarket mods. :confused:
    4. No interior dome light. The map lights are fine for the front seat, but when I have to get my daughter out of her carseat at night, it's pretty much pitch black back there. Saw the LCD map light fix, but not sure I want to permanently have super bright lights up there to blind me when driving.
    5. No vanity mirror lights.
    6. Glare on touch display for Nav; maybe could be fixed a little by having different contrast settings on Nav? Brightness settings don't seem to help.
    7. For all the great cup holders in front, I still would prefer one somewhere in the center console near the armrest. The dash blocks the ability for me to put my tall/fat Thermos water bottles in any of the 4 front cup holders.
    8. Entune apps don't work unless I hard connect through USB and have the silly Entune iPhone app running.
    9. Indicator signals not particularly sensitive; I have to really make a hard turn for them to automatically go off. If I'm just merging or yielding onto a street, I have to click it back myself.

Feature complaints I can address (for c4 owners, anyway)...
    1. Automatic headlights; my c4 has daytime running lights that I can leave my headlights set to all the time (except when I'm night driving, of course). Car auto turns them on/off when the car turns on/off as long as it's set to "daytime".
    2. Dead pedal; I have a small space to the left of the brake that functions as a dead pedal just fine for me!
    3. Heated seat controls; mine auto cycles up then back down when it reaches a certain temp, so I don't feel the need for more precise controls.
    4. Rear headrests obscuring view; I have a carseat so, I removed the headrest from that side. I also rarely have other passengers, so opted to just remove the headrest from the other side unless needed. Looks good to me now!
    5. Blind spots; I don't really find any. When parking, I usually find I'm a good 2ft from where I thought the car ended - yay little Blueberry! I'm 5'5" and although I'd love to have a rear-view camera, that's just a luxury and not a necessity.
    6. Outside temp only on 1 screen; You can actually see the outside temp at any time by lightly resting your finger on the steering wheel temp buttons.

Surrylic and secondspassed like this.
  3. BGGirl

BGGirl Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    For those of you that have gotten the windows tinted- does that seem to help with the glare on the Nav screen? I am getting mine tinted in the next week or so and wondered if that would make a difference.

4. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Interesting, I find it to be the opposite myself, at least compared to my previous car.

5. BrunoPuntzJones

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    IV
    Mine came with port installed tint, and never had any of the issues you guys complain about as far as glare goes. Actually, just once did I have enough glare for it to be bothersome. So it may help.

Surrylic, SoGalinSoCal and BGGirl like this.
  6. SoGalinSoCal

SoGalinSoCal New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Huh. I am comparing it to my 2003 Saturn Ion 2, which had NOTHING fancy about it (seriously, I had roll down windows), so I just assumed everything about my new c would be better.

7. Surrylic

Surrylic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm going to tint my windows specifically because of the glare issue. Which is my second biggest complaint.

1. Audio system, sounds sort of awful :/
    2. Glare on touch screen
    3. Wind noise, could be alleviated by a better sound system ;)

Overall, looove this car. I'm very happy that my two, maybe three, biggest complaints can be fixed by simple after market changes.

8. rioe

rioe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

I have 20% front and 5% limo tint back, and I still find the glare to be there. I need to cover the top of the navi with my hands when typing something on the screen. It does definitely help tinting but the glare does not go away, at least not as much as I hoped. If I would do the tint over again I would go with 15 or 10% for the front and leave the back at 5% limo.

9. vernon birdman

vernon birdman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Has anyone mentioned the rear window wiper? Technically I guess that you can see the unswiped portions out of your side mirrors but it seems a little odd as compared to my previous car (2009 Versa CVT). Maybe it's just me.
    Outside of this and perhaps the glare on the media screen, I have absolutely no complaints after 2 weeks and 2,100 kilometers with an average 4.1 litres per 100 kilometers (57.4 MPG) on the Canadian equivalent of your C4.

Tracy likes this.
  10. daboy

daboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    can you use anti glare screen protector?

11. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    My complains are:
    1. Auto headlights off (damn my 99 4runner had it)
    2. Center console light
    3. Homelink
    4. Backup camera
    5. Small storage in trunk sides (for small tools as an example)
    6. Mud flaps

12. ianblake

ianblake Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    i HATE the turn signal "click click CLICK CLICK" noise ...
    back up camera
    16" wheels standard on my C4,
    automatic headlight,
    sirus works better,
    Mud flaps :rolleyes:
    dome light on the back

13. big pete

big pete Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I should have bought the 3 instead of the 2. The more I think about the smart key, the more I want it....

14. TC400

TC400 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My complaints would be...
    Sunroof when all the way back and above certain speeds makes a lot of noise and vibration.
    Rear dome light would have been nice.
    Auto up-down on ALL windows like the regular Prius.

15. cmergel

cmergel PC3 Magnetic Gray Metallic w/moonroof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My only complaint (so far) is that I don't have it yet. It is taking way too long to get it. :)

carolD likes this.
  16. akh02

akh02 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    People keep tail-gating me because I'm trying to drive in ev mode.

griain and photogrl13 like this.
  17. dellrio

dellrio Im pretty much awesome

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I tinted mine a few days ago (very difficult vehicle to tint - every window has compound curves) and that did not resolve the glare issue. I put 20% on all windows but 35 on the Driver and Passenger Door.

Annoyances
    1 - I miss the electronic shifter in the prius - got so accustomed to just hitting the power button to put the car in park - that is no longer the case.

2 - Entune has connectivity issues sometimes not sure why - and the app for my android phone clogs up my status bar with annoying constant updates.

3 - No point in the stupid rear wiper - would like to shave it like I did on my XB

4 - Huge holes behind the fender "Hybrid" emblems, wish they would just use tape so I could remove them - will have to pay for bodywork to fix holes

5 - Toyota missed the opportunity for more storage space in the rear and opted instead to put huge foam blocks under the rear cargo floor.

6 - Miss homelink and especially the auto headlights.

7 - Clear taillight trend needs to die - they are hideous.

Overall I love the car and I will resolve most of these issues with custom work and in the aftermarket.

18. XRinger

XRinger Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    A few more Amp Hours in the pack would have been nice.

My biggest complaint is, my wife is always taking the 'c'!
    (Maybe we should have kept her old Corolla, instead of trading it).?.

19. ROLOPR

ROLOPR Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Continue:
    7. Rear seat head small, existing ones covers a lot on the back
    8. Auto door open-close like the Venza :)

20. Maine Pilot

Maine Pilot Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    III