1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your complaints/disappointments with your C?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by BrunoPuntzJones, Mar 17, 2012.

1. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One

The kids, because they can pay 100% attention to their switch while the driver has to pay attention to the road.

RocMills and Tracy like this.
  2. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Window lock does NOT prevent the driver from accidentally raising or lowering a window, at least not in my C2. The issue arose when I had the windows tinted and was told not to roll them down for several days... I was worried that I would forget, so I engaged the window lock - sure enough, I did forget and the windows came down without so much as a hesitation.

3. littlebigland

littlebigland Sonic Blue Prius c

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ditto. My #1 complaint about this thing is the lack of automatic headlights. My 2000 Sable had them...

4. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Tracy, I know what you mean about consumers usually only speaking up when they have something bad to say. Being in a customer service related field myself, I am very sensitive to such things and when I encountered superior service anywhere, I will go out of my way to praise the employee and alert the manager of the job well done.

Rob.au and Tracy like this.
  5. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    The lock doesn't lock the driver's window. It locks everyone out (including the driver) from the other 3 windows.

6. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Never had automatic lights in my own car, but loved driving cars that did have this feature. To get around the problem, so to speak, I leave the DRL on all the time. That way, I should always have at least minimal lights running.

7. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This was not my experience. I, the driver, engaged the window lock and a short while later I was able to roll down the front passenger window, not my own window. Perhaps I have finally found a real "bug" in my car? To make certain I am not misremembering, I will try this again on the way home this evening and post back either confirmation or embarrassment. ;-)

8. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    As for the dead pedal, I put one in:

[​IMG]

Costs about $10 (Subaru dead pedal + 2 trim fasteners).

Tracy likes this.
  9. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    "Dead pedal"? Huh, I like the name, for me it has always been "that place to rest my left foot so it doesn't get up to no good."

Tracy likes this.
  10. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    It's also called a foot rest, and it's interesting to note that not even the rubber floor mats cover this area (OEM, Lloyd, Hexamats). On the other hand Husky and Weathertech liners cover this area.

Tracy likes this.
  11. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    "Foot rest"? How simple and practical. LOL

12. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Also want to sincerely apologize if my "didn't you know it didn't have those things" comment offended anyone, as that was not my intention at all.

Tracy likes this.
  13. Tracy

Tracy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Pre-apologies for a question that will surely sound dumb to all the handy people in the group.....did you need anything beyond a drill to install that? (she said thinking "hey, maybe I finally found something I can do myself!")

14. RJphxC

RJphxC New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I don't think the dead pedal would cut it for me, my foot seems to be too large for the spot (size 12/46cm).

15. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Drill 2 small holes. I used a drill bit just barely enough (even slightly less) for the diameter of the fastener. The fasteners are ribbed, so once they go in they stay put.

The best part is that if you had to remove it for whatever reason (trade in car, for example), the holes drilled into the carpet are so small, that they are unnoticeable.

Got my fasteners from Pep Boys:
    [​IMG]

Tracy and RocMills like this.
  16. Tracy

Tracy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Excellent! Thank you so much for the detailed info! With all the rain we have here, my wet shoe will quickly wear out that spot without some protection there.

17. dick_larimore

dick_larimore Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have driven the Prius C twice, but have not yet purchased one. I am surprised by the list of complaints so far. Mine would be the following:
    1. Cheap non-retractable rear seat headrests that must be removed to drop the back seats. Geese, they are included in any other country that gets this car.
    2. Electric steering that is as "dead" as you can get. A Honda Fit or a Honda Insight has electric steering that still has "road" feel. Why does Toyota build cars with "numb" steering response?
    3. Standard tires should be at least 185-60-15. Come on, how much more can this cost?
    4. Every car with an engine should have a tachometer. Is it too much to ask to know how fast the engine is rotating -- or if it is rotating?

I love cars without leather steering wheel covers, leather shift knobs, and other crap that wears out and looks bad. I can turn off the headlights and I can see to back up a car without cameras (especially a car that is only 157.5" long). Rear drum brakes work just fine -- I am not racing the car and worrying about brake fade on lap 57.

I agree with others that the stupid air bag light is annoying. The glare on the Nav display is bad. I would love to buy a car with a rubber floor to replace carpeting.

18. RJphxC

RJphxC New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I need to understand #2 better because I keep hearing (reading) this but I don't know what that means. I love the stearing.

4 - I wonder if this has partly to do with the Continuously Variable Transmission. My Nissan Rogue has CVT and a tachometer but it's mostly useless.

19. tk1971

tk1971 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    So... did you get a chance to check this? Just wondering if I should take the car to the dealer to get it fixed.

20. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I did test, yes, and got distracted... I must have misremembered or it was a one-time oddity. Once window lock was engaged, driver had no control over any of the windows.