1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your "Education": If You Had It To Do Over...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack Kelly, Feb 17, 2007.

1. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Being pretty fresh out of school, i have to say if i could do it over again, not too much would change. I probably wouldn't have gone for the EE minor (what a freaking PITA for no gain), and I bet i would have stuck to computer science instead of computer engineering to avoid some of the engineering req's (like Thermo - shudder). Overall it wouldn't have made a difference. I still ended up in a nice job working on software.

Oh, and galaxee, i liked grad school too :) of course, it was only 3 semesters of management classes, and was way easier and less time consuming than undergrad.

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't hate my job - there are enough small successes and paycheques to keep me in it - but it's pretty boring. Creativity is not well appreciated in accounting, and most days I feel my intuitive, inventive mind is not being used to its potential. I love designing things, so something like architecture sounds much more interesting. I've looked into it, but can't see my way around five years of schooling with no income. And I don't want to make buildings the way they used to, I'd rather make something in harmony with the site that produces more energy than it consumes. Way back before I grew up I wanted to be a race car driver, a locomotive engineer, or Batman. At one point I told my little brother I wanted to be an inventor and make all my own toys. That still sounds like my favourite. :)

3. jmann

jmann Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    UNLV Entertainment Engineering. (Which did not exist just five years ago)

4. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I absolutely loved my undergraduate degree in political science, although practically speaking, it was pretty useless. My Masters in Library Science put me in a career that I thoroughly enjoyed, but I am happier retired.

I always wanted to go to law school. However, I always knew I DIDN'T want to practice law.

Peace --

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'd do the same. I had wanted to be an Electrical Engineer since I was four years old. As a distant second, I might consider being a gigolo on a river boat. :D

Tom

6. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Feb 21 2007, 08:30 AM) [snapback]393878[/snapback]</div>
    Have you got a link where I can sign up for that?

7. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Feb 21 2007, 10:30 AM) [snapback]393878[/snapback]</div>
    I bet I could make just as good money doing that. "Ladies, take a number and step right up!"

I'm already a corporate slut, might as well become an old-fashioned literal one too

8. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Feb 20 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]393680[/snapback]</div>
    Kinda shows, hyo--because you DO do it...can you say WeePri mods? :rolleyes: