1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your Efforts Aimed At A Healthier Diet?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack Kelly, Dec 11, 2006.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Dec 18 2006, 05:45 AM) [snapback]363672[/snapback]</div>
    Curry powder is indeed available here. But since curry is a mixture of a great many spices, there is great variation in curry powders, from mediocre to excellent. My sister, who spent a year in India, says that Madras curry powder is the best brand available here.

Of course, real curry will be cooked with different spices every time, while curry made from a store-bought powder is always the same.

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I had no end of tummy troubles for about 40 years. I suffered intestinal pain, gas, diarrhea, and low energy on a regular, if not continuous, basis. I went for many, many tests, which revealed nothing conclusive, and was hospitalised several times, often for days at a time. My family thought it was all in my head, as did several doctors. I began to take note of my diet and my symptoms, and found several correlations. One by one, I cut out certain foods and gradually began to get better some of the time. Then I found a book about a diet based on blood type, which explained that not everyone digests all foods well, depending on our blood chemistry and the chemical makeup of our food. I was skeptical at first, but the list of foods to avoid matched my hard earned list exactly. Everything I had documented as troublesome was included on the 'poison' list. Other foods that I knew from experience never bothered me were on the 'beneficial' list. I adopted the lists completely and literally felt better within hours. Less than two weeks later I was a changed person. In the past five years, I have not seen a doctor once for a food related issue. I have infinitely more energy and a positive attitude. Others have criticised my diet as a 'fad', but it has worked for me like nothing else.

3. Jack Kelly

Jack Kelly New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Wow, that's amazing! Based on that, I'd intuit that many more of us could benefit from analyzing our diets. But it must require so much trial-and-error with so many different foods that it would be frustrating. Makes me wonder about some of us looking up our blood types and comparing what we eat to those lists.

Glad you took the trouble to do all that after all the earlier discouragement---and doubters.

4. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hey Jack-
    basically only drink beer or wine.....
    try to eat FRESH- that is packaged, ie hamburger helper type foods are gone from the menu.
    A friend has been going to a homeopathic dr and basically on the blood type diet and had lost a lot of weight without trying. borrowed the book , and of course of some of it makes great sense.
    http://www.dadamo.com/

whatever you do- try to happy with your choices!

5. Mary Snyder

Mary Snyder New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Michgal007 @ Dec 18 2006, 08:45 AM) [snapback]363672[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Michgal,

I will love making your lentil recipe aspecially sine I'm a vegetarian. I will write back some time about how it turned out. How are you enjoying your 2006 Prius?
    Mary