1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your favourite films!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dsunman, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Jeff Beaver

Jeff Beaver Junior Member

I've seen some pretty lame films listed here, so how about some good ones?

1. Freeway -- starring Reese Witherspoon. If you can beat Reese to the video store (I hear she's going around the country buying up every copy), rent this cult classic remake of Little Red Riding Hood versus the Big Bad Wolf! It has it all. Reform school girls gone nuts, Brooke Shields blows her brains out, Kiefer Sutherland drips into a drool cup, and last but not least -- the most extravagant and flagrant use of the "F" word in the history of the cinema!

2. One Night At McCools. Ok, it's not that great, but it does have one thing going for it -- just the most startling and unexpected ending of any movie ever made!

3. And lastly, Reanimator! If you are an afficionado of the disgusting and abominable, this one is for you! One scene in particular will go down in cinematic history as possibly the most perverse of all time!

Jeff :)

2. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AuntBee @ Apr 20 2006, 12:23 AM) [snapback]242498[/snapback]</div>

I would like to add, Field of Dreams... I know some people think it's stupid, but I always enjoy it. Like it or not, it has added a phrase to the American lexicon.. "Build it and they will come"

3. dsunman

dsunman New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AuntBee @ Apr 21 2006, 12:30 AM) [snapback]243000[/snapback]</div>
    Absolutely, I agree as I adore comedies of all sorts, I started the whole topic about film by listing the masters of comedies:
    "Where would the world be without Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Laurel & Hardy or Harold Lloyd?"

There isn't a day that I wouldn't be able to find similarities in human mannerism so exceptionally caught by Chaplin's or Keaton's in their mimicking performances.

Great list above, lot's a laughter :)

[attachmentid=3080][attachmentid=3081][attachmentid=3083]

4. Loveit

Loveit New Member

I pretty much like all the ones that Godiva listed.

But my all time 2 favorites are: The Hunt for Red October, and Jurassic Park!

These two made me sit on the edge of my seat while watching both movies!

Now that's a movie!

5. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    One of the all-time greatest:

Once Upon A Time In The West

6. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Pitch Black

Snatch

Fight Club

Clerks

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Another old thread back from the dead!

Here's a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Koyaanisqatsi

Harold & Maude

Le Mans

12 Monkeys

Island of Dr. Moreau

Back to the Future

Never Cry Wolf

8. withersea

withersea DNF is better than DNS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  9. tnthub

tnthub Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok... Mt wife can't stand most of the movies I have enjoyed but then again, she has good taste...

I have always liked the movie One Trick pony, but it isn't very well done, the acting is poor, but there are some great one liners and I really enjoy Paul Simon's music.

Superman II, the new Superman movie, and Batman Begins I have enjoyed. I like most James Bond flicks, and when I was younger I though Animal House was fantastic but it has not aged well, in my opinion.

American grafitti I have always enhjoyed and a little jewel that even my wife enjoys is Heart like a Wheel which has just been released on DVD and has some great extras with it. It is the story of Shirley Muldowney who was the first lady Top Fuel champion.

I have always like the first couple of Godfather movies, and will never forget the first times I saw Butch and Sundance, and The Sting. I even enjoyed The Towering Inferno and the first couple of DieHard movies.

10. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Has anyone mentioned The Gods Must be Crazy?

11. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't think so. That's certainly on my list of all time favourites.

12. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Two great films noir:

DOA - a film that opens with Edmund O'Brien striding into Homocide to report a murder: his!

and

Detour - featuring the most fatally hapless protagonist to ever pick up the wrong hitch-hiker.

13. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going to add 'The Quiet Earth' to my list. But, now that I mention it, I seem to recall having this conversation before. What 'build' of the movie thread are we working on?

14. wilco

wilco New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tumbleweed @ Aug 21 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]306881[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, but in the earlier version of this thread *linky*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyo silver @ Aug 22 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]307704[/snapback]</div>
    No kidding, see above.