1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your Prius - What color and are you happy?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusRos, Jul 5, 2006.

?
  1. I love it!

69.8%
  2. I like it, but might have preferred something else.

17.7%
  3. It's all right -- I took what was available, but would have preferred another color.

10.4%
  4. I don't like the color at all.

1.0%
  5. Color isn't important -- I can't see it when I'm driving.

1.0%
  1. catmother

catmother IEEE Life Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Magnetic Grey is distinguished but it absorbs a lot of heat from the sun here in SO Cal.
    Nice in winter but not so in summer. Fortunately the A/C works very well in the Prius becuse the electrically driven A/C compressor runs at optimum speed and is not dependent on engine RPM. Compared to standard cars this is a blessing.
    I have ordered a lighter grey dashmat to protect the dash and use a large aluminized window shade in the windshield and in the hatch area to reflect some of the sun.

2. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    Didn't get a color choice as I was lucky to be at the dealership when an unclaimed Prius was arriving in a couple of days. Don't know if black would have been my first choice, but now I love it. And I wouldn't be able to be a member of the Cool Chicks with Black Prius club without it. :D

3. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    As suspected, the silvers make up the majority. However, I am actually quite surprised that it isn't a larger majority, because silver has been what I had seen the most of on the road and at the dealers. I was also surprised that there seems to be fairly even spread of colors overall.

There aren't that many whites (which is probably also my least favorite).

4. janetjanetbobanet

janetjanetbobanet Junior Member

My son talked me into ordering classic silver because he thought it looked cool and wouldn't show dirt so much. But I had a soft spot for seaside pearl and now that I've seen a barcelona red one, wish I had that! The red is a lot more shiny than the silver.

5. Xen

Xen New Member

Super White, #8 -- I can't see it when I'm driving so who cares :D

I initially wanted to get black (grey int) as I saw a tinted one with black rims/polished lip and was interested in the Magnetic Grey (only found a package #7). My last car was black and my Magnum is grey, and the only other option at time of purchase was Barcelona Red. I just couldn't get into red, I'm not a red guy. Had the Magnetic Grey been pkg #8 I would have been driving it. I could only find three Pkg #8s, two with grey leather.

Super White is cool, it has grown on me and I believe that it, along with the Mica Pine is the most futuristic look for the car, plus, it being super white, it's like driving a Mento.

6. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I love my '05! So, that answers that. The color I love too.

7. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The Australian white 06 is called Glacier White.

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Aussie56 @ Jul 5 2006, 03:36 PM) [snapback]281663[/snapback]</div>
    Called Regency Red in Europe.

9. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I couldn't be happier with my Magnetic Gray. Wish the "Dark Gray" interior was a bit darker though....

10. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottY @ Jul 5 2006, 10:40 AM) [snapback]281396[/snapback]</div>
    I think the 06 Classic Silver Metallic is already very light (to me, it looks almost white from some angles). You're saying the 05 is even lighter?

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ehh... should be the other way around. Classic Silver should be lighter and more silvery than Millennium Silver

12. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Looks like we are a pretty satisfied bunch of Prius owners so far! :lol:

75% of us LOVE the color.
    Nobody said they didn't like it at all.

13. beakyz

beakyz New Member

I got a look from both my wife and the salesman when I said I wanted it just primered. Then I was going to primer it.
    Ended up with silver and since I just got it today, don't know if I like it.

14. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(beakyz @ Jul 6 2006, 08:05 PM) [snapback]282276[/snapback]</div>
    Huh....? :blink:

Have you decided?

15. Linny

Linny New Member

This is my 3rd black vehicle (Saab 93 convertible, Jeep Liberty) and my favorite. I really wanted the magnetic grey but just couldn't wait any longer. Got my black beauty in March and haven't looked back since!

Although AAARGH there is a white "pinstripe" from my left front driver's side headlight to just under the side view mirror. Some $$#@$& rubbed a nice wide scratch into it in a parking lot. Does anyone have any idea what it will cost to get that repaired? Oh my heart!

16. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Linny @ Jul 7 2006, 09:15 PM) [snapback]282798[/snapback]</div>
    Waaa :eek: Sorry, have no idea what it's going to cost. Do you think it was an accident or deliberate?

17. Linny

Linny New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Jul 8 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]282962[/snapback]</div>
    I don't think it was deliberate like a keying or something. It almost looked like someone squeezed really close. The side view mirror was popped in toward the car. Just bugs me that people do stuff like that and then take no responsibility. Oh well...

18. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    All of my cars have been either Silver, Grey or Blue. I looked carefully to see what I would want vs be happy with. I ended up wanting Seaside Pearl and that's what I got.

19. wstander

wstander New Member

I wanted Driftwood Pearl but 'settled' for Millennium Silver Metallic.

Looking back, it seems that I always end up with a silver color car when my first choice (whatever it has been) was not available.

20. johnnieliu

johnnieliu New Member