1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your Prius - What color and are you happy?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusRos, Jul 5, 2006.

?
  1. I love it!

69.8%
  2. I like it, but might have preferred something else.

17.7%
  3. It's all right -- I took what was available, but would have preferred another color.

10.4%
  4. I don't like the color at all.

1.0%
  5. Color isn't important -- I can't see it when I'm driving.

1.0%
  1. molgrips

molgrips Member

We had two cars on offer from different dealers - one metallic grey and WITH parking assist, and one a lovely metallic blue WITHOUT parking assist... and slightly higher mileage too.

Went for the grey one in the end, but I really miss that lovely blue. Grey cars are so.. dull...

2. scruopec

scruopec New Member

[attachmentid=4081][attachmentid=4082][attachmentid=4083][attachmentid=4085][attachmentid=4086][attachmentid=4087]Im lovin my silver pine mica !!! w/ black Prius mats light tint in front limo in back. Shark fin on its way. and checking into wheels the same color.

3. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm adding this response just so I can resurrect this topic. Apparently editing the original post doesn't bump up the date. Since there have been a lot of new owners since the last response here, I'd like to see what you all have to say about your new baby! What color did you get? Are you happy?? :lol: :D

4. MechaJohn

MechaJohn New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We wanted something a little different. We already have a "gold" car, so we decided on Silver Pine Mica. We put Driftwood Pearl as our second choice, and it came in, with no sign of a SPM with our package on the horizon. So now we have another gold car. :unsure:

I still love it though! :D

5. NorwoodIV

NorwoodIV New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Aug 30 2006, 03:39 PM) [snapback]311751[/snapback]</div>
    Barcelona is an excellent color. I had two choices in July: Barcelona Red, or Barcelona Red. I think I made the right call.

6. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yup, I got a Barcelona Red one too. I got it on January 2nd when there were a ton of others on the dealer lot because everyone wanted to wait for the tax credit. Because of this I was able to see ALL the colors all at one time and I concluded I was the luckiest guy because the Barcelona Red really stood out. I was absolutely beautiful. Everyone obviously has their own preferences as the poll in this thread proves but I was totally pleased with the color I ended up with.

Cheers

7. Claudia

Claudia New Member

We got sooo lucky - drove by our local Toyota dealer a couple of weeks ago and they had just gotten in an unclaimed Barcelona package #3, which was what we wanted. We weren't out that day with the intention of buying a car, but realized just how fortunate we were to stumble on the perfect car, so we drove it home that night. We had talked a year or so ago about getting a Prius, ended up with a Camry with a 4 cyl that got a scant 20-22 mpg. We didn't like that, so when the Prius showed up out of the clear blue, we just went for it. The dealer also had a silver hybrid Camry on the lot - said we should drive it, 'cause hardly anyone ever has a chance to drive both the same day. I was too afraid somebody would come along and buy that red Prius out from under me, and couldn't justify another $3000 for the Camry, no trunk space, and significantly fewer mpg.

I haven't seen a prettier red car, ever, I think - although the blue would certainly have been a winner as well. We've had enough gold and silver cars to last a lifetime - and there's still a gold '94 Chevy Caprice sitting in the driveway, going strong. Makes the Barcelona Prius look even better!

8. Visith

Visith New Member

I'm an impulsive car buyer, so when my local dealer started in with the waiting list talk, I thought I was sunk. Then he asked what options I wanted, I figured it'd be easiest to just get one loaded with everything. That opened the door to two unclaimed Prii coming in "on the next truck". White or black.

I went with the super white. Even though I think it looks like a washing machine from the front, I like it. I've seen some other colors I really like too, but I can't find fault with the super white.

It does show some filth from the highway on it, but it's only really noticable if you're staring right at the paint. No biggy. It's not nearly bad enough to make me wash it everyday.

9. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    At first could not decide between 2006 Classic Silver Metallic or Magnetic Gray (since MG was not out yet). After looking at MG on a Camry, then finally seeing MG on the Prius, I went for Magnetic Gray. I'm very happy since I was not in a rush. I got my first color choice and package.

Now, I'm just trying to get the carpool lane sticker for California and I'll be all set and very happy.

10. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I began thinking about a new car to replace my 9 year old Mazda MPV when I bought a house 50 miles away from my job. Because I work in the building that houses Toyota headquarters, there are literally dozens of Prii in the lot. Once I'd decided a Prius was what I wanted, the true decision was the color. I originally wanted the Magnetic Gray. Then I really wanted the Barcelona Red with Seaside Pearl being my second choice. I found out the beginning of August that the HOV stickers were running out here in California and that made my decision for me. The dealer had a package 1 Seaside Pearl on the lot and I bought it that day. I couldn't be happier with my Trixie Blu. The Barcelona Red is a gorgeous color though.

11. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Wow -- this is impressive! All the recent owners seem to be really happy with the color they ended up with!

At first I wasn't that happy with my Classic Silver Metallic. I thought it was so common and there was no depth to the color. But a strange thing happened. I am now totally IN LOVE with my car. Even its chuncky, kind of sexless, profile, as well as its color (looks neat and is easy to maintain).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pale Alien @ Aug 30 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]311758[/snapback]</div>
    Good choice! :lol:

12. judyrb

judyrb New Member

I have a 2004 Seaside Pearl - it was the exact color we wanted and the exact package we wanted. It must have been meant to be. I LOVE this car!!! It has been to NH twice, Orlando once and Phoenix twice since we got it. :D

13. harper42

harper42 Member

When we test drove a Prius, we were told that they had a "magnetic gray" coming in, in 2 weeks. I wanted that Prius so bad, the color was not a big deal. But I secretly dreaded driving a gray car. I do like something pretty. But when it came in...... It's not your ordinary gray! There seem to be sparkly flecks in the paint or something, which gives it a glossy silvery gray look. I've gotten so many compliments on the COLOR of my car! And I not only love my Prius, I like the color quite will also!

14. razzledazzlebee

razzledazzlebee New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just got a Seaside Pearl Package 2 Yesterday. It was EXACTLY what I wanted. I have always wanted a light blue car, and I like to think it has a purplish tinge (my other favorite color).
    My first car was black ( a pain to keep clean)
    My second car was white (not as clean looking as I thought it would be, but definately an improvement from black...
    I did not want any sort of silver or gray since that's the same color as the pavement (and the sky most of the year since I live in the Seattle area).
    When I bought my car they had every color, so I didn't even need a second choice. ;) However, I think the Prius looks really spiffy in red (but my husband's Matrix is red) or green. But no, Blue is the only one for me, no doubt about it! B)

15. SunnyvalePrius

SunnyvalePrius New Member

When I was doing research before buying, the color choice was one thing I wasn't happy about. I didn't really like any of the choices. I really would have liked a dark blue. But as I thought about lighter colors reflecting more light and keeping the car cooler when parked outside on a hot day, I started to accept the idea of a lighter blue color. I also told myself that if I really wanted to I could have the car repainted later.

But after I bought my Seaside Pearl (i.e. light blue) car, the color started to grow on me. It's probably because there are so many other things about the car that I love. Now, a month later, I couldn't imagine having it any different.

16. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I had a Super White touring in mind when i was researching, And I just got a wild hair that told me to drive to springs just to see if anyone had one. And to my surprise the first dealer I went to had my baby. 2007 Touring #5 I fell in love instantly, but didn't let them know that. I test drove the car while they appraised my 07 Nissan Versa SL, HA HA HA they appraised it $400 more than I paid for it brand new. I was extatic! and could not refuse this offer. I even got them to go down in price on the Prius $1000. It was my lucky day the car I wanted for the price I wanted.

17. PriusRos

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TomorrowMatters @ Feb 21 2007, 08:49 AM) [snapback]393864[/snapback]</div>
    Wow. Just curious, how come you were trading in a brand new car, and why would they ever appraise it for me than the new-car price?

18. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Seaside Pearl was my first choice for a 2006 model, but a Silver Pine Mica with the package we wanted was available earlier. I like the color for a number of reasons. I think dirt doesn't show as much on that color as it might with Seaside Pearl. I like the shade of green.

19. MarkMN

MarkMN New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I got Black and am very happy with it so far. I commute via bus and my wife walks to work so we don't get to spend much time with our Prius except on long trips. So it doesn't get dirty often, and we love to wash it because it allows us to bond with it.

20. redrockprius

redrockprius redrockprius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would have preferred Driftwood Pearl because it matches pretty closely the reddish dust here in southwest Utah. But, by the time I got to the dealer (there is only one in the area), the long-supressed urge to get a Prius was so great that I was unwilling to wait. Since color is not high on my list of priorities for selecting a car, I'm quite happy with my silver bullet.