1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your Prius - What color and are you happy?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusRos, Jul 5, 2006.

?
  1. I love it!

69.8%
  2. I like it, but might have preferred something else.

17.7%
  3. It's all right -- I took what was available, but would have preferred another color.

10.4%
  4. I don't like the color at all.

1.0%
  5. Color isn't important -- I can't see it when I'm driving.

1.0%
  1. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have silver but now long for the blue color.

2. katyh

katyh New Member

The dealer I went to was having a 10% off all in-stock Prii for the month of January. It was January 28th, and they didn't have any of my first two choices (Seaside Pearl or Silver Pine Mica) in stock.

I ended up getting Barcelona Red. I never thought I'd buy a red car, but I really like it!

3. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Why wouldn't I love the Barcelona Red? I mean, it gets superior mileage while cranking out more power and torque than any other color. The red color is in fact so fast that I got a speeding ticket while parked waiting for the wife. Owners of the red cars also have been proven to be paragons of all the virtues, immensely good looking, talented and also humble. :rolleyes:

4. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I LOVE my 2006 Barcelona Red Prius... I literally stare t my car as I walk away from it, even after 10 months of ownership im still in awe of how great it looks!

Even in the snow!...
    [attachmentid=6671]

And the great blizzard in downtown Bowling Green a couple of weeks ago...
    [attachmentid=6669]
    Its always fun to be taking pictures in a blizzard when its only 10 degrees outside!
    [attachmentid=6670]

Attached Files:

5. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Feb 21 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]394100[/snapback]</div>
    It was a Nissan and I thought it could hold up to my standards, guess again. the engine started to get louder and rougher the more I drove it. It had to be in the shop for a clutch repair after 600miles. just an all around bad experience. the dealer was GREAT but the car was BAD.
    And for the trade in,....I do not know ask the dealer. They appraised the car high because i told them that I wanted the most out of it. but the manager that was writing up the preliminary contract(you know, that one that they make you sign and initial saying that if they can get the price or payment to X amount I will buy today) and they put $16,000 on there for my trade in, I jumped on it, the manager already had his signiture on it. by the time the I went into the finance room to finanilze the purchase, the manager had changed to trade in down to $13,000, this was after we agreed on a lower price for the Prius($1,000 off MSRP). I just threatened to walk out. since they went back on their part of the contract I told them that I would go back on mine. Presto the deal was made. I didn't even want this car this soon,I was gonna save enough to pay down the inequity by June. but who could pass up such an offer. :)

6. geeky teacher

geeky teacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Never intended to buy a red car either. Always felt those racy red drivers were the ones that cut me off in traffic all the time, but gosh, I even let my kids drive it in and out of the driveway just so I can see it out of the garage! She sure is pretty!

Actually, I knew I didn't want anything that would blend in with the road so white, grays, and silvers were out. (My brother almost lost his life in an automobile accident.) Even the "blue" and "green" cars on the dealer's lot looked toned down and gray. I decided to go for Barcelona Red. The dealer didn't have one so I said I'd go looking at one of the other dealers. He offered me $1000 off MSRP to take any of the others he had available. The magnetic gray was classy and tempting but I decided that the only perk I really wanted was that it be red (we wanted basic pkg only). So, he said he'd do the calling around for me and still give me the discount if we purchased through him. Well, how could I refuse such a kind offer? 10 days later I became the proud owner of a "Pull Me Over" red.

My only regret is not holding out for a beige interior. I didn't realize the gray interior would have such impractical light colored floor mats and upholstery, and a black, heat absorbing dashboard.

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I like my black. Body work is cheaper than if I had a pearl color and easier to match.

But it isn't what I wanted.

I chose black because I wanted a gray interior and the Seaside Pearl didn't come with a gray interior in 2005. Only the white, black and silver had gray interiors. Then when I went car shopping the only black they had had an ivory interior. So I didn't get the gray interior either.

What I really want is a dark blue. Like the Blue Ribbon blue Toyota has right now. With a gray interior.

I'm hoping they'll have a nice, dark blue when I finally replace my Prius. Ideally I'd like to replace it with a Prius that has a dark blue exterior, gray interior, side signal mirrors, lithium ion batteries (or better) and a plug in option which I'll probably pay for if it's available and not an extra $10,000. It probably won't be 2009. I'm hoping for 2013 so it will be my retirement car.

Eventually I'll buy a Prius EV or whatever Toyota will be calling it.

8. AuntBee

AuntBee New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Mine's a Salsa Red Pearl. The predecessor to your Barcelona red. It's a darker almost burgandy red. Barcelona's pretty but I like the darker red better. The only other color my car dealer had at the time I purchased was a silver. My two previous cars were silver, so I was kind of burned out on silver. I have been very pleased with red.

9. gotroot801

gotroot801 Junior Member

Classic Silver Metallic. I wanted the Metallic Gray, but no such luck.

That being said, the silver looks much better in person than in the brochure or on the website, so I do like it.

10. gamiller

gamiller New Member

I've got silver pine mica and I like it. I have found that I like most of the colors when I see them in the "wild", but most colors don't look that good on the lot.

11. Woof

Woof New Member

I chose the Barcelona Red Metallic for my Prius for one important reason: Good visibility on the road by other drivers. My '96 Camry was Midnight Shadow. Other drivers were CONSTANTLY merging into me! Seriously! :eek: So I now stay away from stealth colors, e.g., black, grey, and blue.

12. Drainedclog

Drainedclog New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AuntBee @ Feb 25 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]396554[/snapback]</div>
    i definately think that my barcelona is hotter
    esp in 70degree berkely weather (today), my barcelona red is so much brighter and flashier than any of the salsa ones

But i would have gone for the black metallic or white, but thew dealer either didnt have them or had them in pkg8 or something
    mines '07 barcelona red pkg. 3

13. toad

toad New Member

Silver Pine Mica and I love it.
    I think I fell in love with it on the lot but I was afraid it was kind of feminine. The second color for my wife and I was blue.

The only thing I don't like is the beige interior. I think I fell in love with the outside color I didn't even notice the interior color until later my friend said he was afraid to even fart in the car because it might stain.

Tonight, my wife wouldn't let me drink my chocolate shake in the car...I had to patiently wait until I got home. :lol:

14. thepixiesarah

thepixiesarah New Member

I got silver. I really like the seaside pearl and magnetic gray, but got a better deal at this dealership, which had gray or black available.

15. JamieS

JamieS New Member

Silver Pine Mica with grey interior.

We had our choice of most any color, but I had picked out the exact one I wanted when my parents headed off to buy ours. When they saw them on the lot they agreed with the color too, so it's ours. =)

16. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2005 Prius is a salsa red and I took one look at it at the dealer (they had silver and red) and I knew that was the color for us. Then, in August 2006, I decided to buy another Prius and give to my daughter my 98 4runner. Great car, lousy mileage. I already knew the Prius from my 05 so I just ordered the car exactly what I wanted. I ordered a Silver Pine Mica package 8 with tan interior. I just love the color, very understated and elegant. I am always getting compliments on how nice and festive the red and now green cars look in the driveway side by side. They both have the Prius gas electric hybrid stickers on them the green with black decals the red with white decals and painted body side moldings on each. I really couldn't be happier. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    -Paul R. Haller-

17. just_marci

just_marci New Member

I went to the dealership to look at the Barcelona Red. The salesman opened the car up for me but then the Magnetic Grey caught my eye. There was no other car in the place as far as I was concerned.

I love the depth of the color.

18. R1200GS

R1200GS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    mine is seaside pearl (blueish). bought it used. was looking for RED but i'm all for the blue now. couldnt be happier.

19. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What I find surprising is that 7 people responded "Color isn't important -- I can't see it when I'm driving." Sure, not while you're driving -- and I guess you must keep it out of sight in a garage all the time when you're not driving because I can certainly see mine in the driveway when I'm not driving!

BTW, I'm liking my classic silver metallic more now -- it doesn't show up the salt/dirt from the nasty winter roads as badly as some of the other colors I've seen.

20. itsme

itsme New Member

We just purchased aBarcelona Red Metalic and LOVE IT never really like red due to all the hype of a male ego needing it for self esteem...:) But wife wanted RED and I liked it also.. worked out good all around