1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your Rights Online: NSA to Datamine Social Networking Sites

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by SteveS, Jun 9, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 9 2006, 04:39 PM) [snapback]268834[/snapback]</div>
    I would never condone violence. I dont agree with Yale admitting Tommy Taliban who never ever graduated from High School over some poor American kid who is probably much more qualified - but that is not my beef - although my cousin stopped making alumni donations as of this year - and he is a true blue left wing democrat.

What about Alan Hevesi "joking" about putting a bullet between President Bush's eyes this past week at a graduation speech??

There are lines that should never be crossed - and this is one definative line in the sand that should never be violated for whatever reason at all.

2. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 9 2006, 03:39 PM) [snapback]268834[/snapback]</div>
    Can you imagine what would happen if anyone made a comment even vaguely close to either of those in an airport security line? It would be "Hello crowbar hotel!", Hmmm, Hey Ann, why don't you fly someplace... :lol:

3. gschoen

gschoen Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I love how people say "If you do nothing wrong you have no need for privacy, so government and corporate databases are fine."

Those kind of attiudes made J. Edgar Hoover great! He had lots of info and used it to his personal advantage, about Americans who broke no laws and did nothing wrong. He's an embarassment to our nation's history, our respect for liberty. How bout Joseph McCarthy? If you weren't a Communist, you had nothig to fear from a subpoena and nothing bad would happen to you, right?

You never lose your rights in one day. They are taken slowly, one by one, until you can't do anything about it. Nazi Germany wasn't buiilt in a day! To those who say that could never happen here, they should have stayed awake during History class. At the very least, thru Star Wars!

So this is how liberty dies... With thunderous applause.

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jun 9 2006, 04:44 PM) [snapback]268838[/snapback]</div>
    That was really stupid. In context, Hevesi was clearly not advocating shooting the President; he was making a point about how tough Charles Schumer is, and he apologized for his comments afterward and acknowledged how stupid he was to say that. Neverthelss, a public official should have more sense than that.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Utah Phillips tells a story. This is from memory, so will not be word-for-word correct:

I've known for ages that the FBI was reading my mail. It didn't bother me, because I figured these birds had to learn this stuff somewhere. [Refering to his leftist ideas.] So this spring I was on tour and couldn't get home in time to dig up my garden for planting. So I sent my wife a letter in which I said, "For gods sake, whatever you do, don't dig in the garden. That's where the guns are buried." Sure enough, when I got home, the FBI had been there and the garden was all dug up and ready for planting.