1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Your Weekly Communte to Work

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by New Revelation, Nov 7, 2006.

1. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hopeful Future Prius Owner @ Nov 7 2006, 08:21 PM) [snapback]345222[/snapback]</div>
    Lot of people here with long drives. I guess that makes some sense - they're the people with the most to gain from buying a hybrid. But if you want to be green, concentrate on gallons per month, not miles per gallon. I hunted around for a good job closer to home, and got one 8 miles away. That means I go at least 3 weeks between refills for normal commuting, more if it's biking weather, and I fill up after maybe 20 miles on the second pip (8.5 gallons generally). I've read too many stories about sudden gas-gauge changes causing people to run out of gas and possible bad side-affects, no reason for me to court possible danger when it's easy not to.

Last fill-up was at 2.22, the time before was 2.19, altho it was 2.17 for a couple weeks in between. My gallons per month is about 12, not including the summer trip to Minnesota.

2. chimohio

chimohio New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dachshund @ Nov 15 2006, 01:05 AM) [snapback]349340[/snapback]</div>
    Ditto - about the same here - have a 40 mile commute (round trip) with various around town trips at home. These trips, plus the cold, plus my route obstacles lead me to fill up as shown.