1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

You're paying too much for running shoes!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by daniel, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    While the thread is on running form, dry feet is important too. I learned the hard way that cotton is not the best choice....CoolMax wicks away sweat better. If you do long distance running, bad socks/clothing will chafe the feet, chest and crouch. :eek: With feet, sweat and/or bad fitting shoes will cause blisters. :eek:

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    With socks, they work quite nicely:
    [​IMG]
    Only gravel remains a challenge.

Bob Wilson

3. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Do your socks have toes? Otherwise I don't see how they'd work.

4. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    How much you spend on your running shoes is partly predicted by your age, gender, income, education, access to and utilization of healthcare, time spent sitting , and other characteristics that may more directly contribute to running injuries. Before anyone concludes that the price spent on running shoes is a direct determinant of running injuries, it will be necessary to control for these potential confounding factors.

5. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I did get a blister on the skin at the back of the Archilles tendon, which came from the little strip at the rear. It only happened on the right foot so a band-aid under a sock worked great. I've used some bent nose pliers to recurve the back tab a bit.

I took the dog out to the nature trail by the river and though the burn started to come back towards the end, it was a good burn. I think it is doing some good.

Bob Wilson

6. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Those are great, Bob! Look just like mine - well, except I bought the rainbow Injinji socks to go with them :D

I have rainbow, and white socks with toes... and sometimes, I go with no socks.

Yup, sharp rocks will HURT, but after awhile of wearing them, they are really natural feeling. It took me over a month of wearing mine only in the house and on our lawn to get used to them enough to wear them out for walks and to work. I still have to be careful when I go for walks in them - I tend to come down on my heels too hard (this is what causes knee and hip pain for me), and I have bruised my heels! They are great trainers, that way - training me to walk 'naturally', instead of how shoe manufacturers have conditioned us to...

Here are my black dress Vibrams:
    [​IMG]

7. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    With color matching socks, nobody notices ... so I can still crack folks up.

Bob Wilson