1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Z Electric Vehicle Corporation

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by jkusnetz, May 1, 2010.

1. jkusnetz

jkusnetz New Member

Today I had the pleasure of test riding both a ZEV5700 and a ZEV7000 out at ZEV's test track (airport runway) in Wayneburgh PA.

I found them on the Electric Motorcycle Wikipedia page. [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_motorcycles_and_scooters]Electric motorcycles and scooters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] There is a section that lists the stats of the known production electric motorcycles and they seemed to have the fastest bikes with the longest range of the bunch.

HOME - Z Electric Vehicle Corporation

They are a small company of aerospace engineers who got together to make electric scooters and other vehicles in the future. They claim to have the worlds fastest production motorscooters. What I can tell you is that I was easily able to get up to 65-70mph on their 1/4 mile test track on the ZEV7000. They build their own motor here in the states, most of the other parts are designed here but manufactured in China. The bikes are built in PA.

I live on the east coast and have been eyeing electric motorcycles for awhile, but almost all of them are sold on the West Coast. This was the one company within 3 hours of my home where I could actually go out and see a bike before purchase.

I'm very impressed with what I saw. They spend all their money on upgrading the electronics of the bike. They don't waist their money on big offices, or a fancy website, all the money goes into improving their product. I do have some suggestions for them on improving their website though :)

I'm most likely going to purchase one of their bikes this week. It will be up to 90 days until they can have it built. I'll be sure to post pictures and reviews after it arrives.

2. lucysbones

lucysbones New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm most likely going to purchase one of their bikes this week. It will be up to 90 days until they can have it built.

Hi-
    I've been curious about electric motorcycles/scooters and also live on the east coast (I own a home in Pittsburgh...so ZEV is appealing). Did you ever take delivery on a vehicle from them? What was your experience like and how do like your ZEV if so?
    Thanks! :)