1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Zaino...WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bandgeek, Jun 15, 2005.

1. bandgeek

bandgeek New Member

I have been reading about the Zaino line of products for months now on this forum and finally took the dive. Before I go on let me say that my Prius is three weeks old so you say "How much better can the finish look?". Let me tell you how much. I spent 4 hours completely redoing my car's finish yesterday. I washed it first then clay barred it. I have never used clay bar before but it is well worth the effort. It really cleaned all that gritty stuff that gets on a car. Next I re-washed it to remove the clay bar residue. Then came the Z5 polish for clear coats mixed with about 5 drops af the accelerator. Very thin coats are the ticket with this stuff. Let dry 30 minutes then buffed it off. I followed that with the Z6 Gloss Enhancer and then repeated the polish steps two more times. Now that sounds like a lot of work and it is but I shouldn't have to do that again for a long time. The car is so smooth it feels like I should get about 5 more MPG! I also used the Leather Treatment on the seats and upholstry. If this stuff last half as long as they say it should, I will never use another product again.

Oh yea, I have nothing to do with the Zaino company. In fact, I was pretty sceptical at first. Not any more!!!

Dan

2. bobc

bobc New Member

DAn,

Glad to hear it!

Once my current wax wears off, I'm going to go this route also...

What color is your car, that it has made such a difference?

3. dreichla

dreichla New Member

I'll be trying Zaino too in the near future.

I've found the California dusters (both exterior and interior) really keep my car looking quite nice in between washes. As long as I get the dust, pollen, etc off - rain showers are not a real problem - I don't seem to get those dirty rings where the water drops evaporate.

4. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

I've been using Zaino for years on all of my cars, and I can tell you that those who haven't tried it yet, or are trying it for the first time; you will never want another wax. I've tried a lot of waxes, but nothing does the job. The only polish that comes remotely close is Klasse, it's good, but not as good as Zaino.

If you want, order a bottle of the Z8 Grand Finale..it's realtively new, and bandgeek, if you think your car feels smooth now, wait until you put on the Z8. I would highly recommend adding that to your list of Zaino stock. The only product I wasn't completely satisfied with is their glass polish...didn't quite meet my expectations, but it does work OK. Their tire shine is fantastic, as is their leather care product. Bandgeek, I'm sure you may already know, or maybe not, but the best way to wash your car before using Zaino (and for the others that haven't ordered yet) is to use Dawn dish liquid. Does a great job of getting off all grease and grime before applying your first coat.

I'm not affiliated with Zaino either, just know a damn good product when I see it, worth every penny.

Dave.

5. Paul113

Paul113 New Member

Speaking of worth every penny ...how many pennies should I have to spend for it? And where?
    Thanks,
    Paul

6. popoff

popoff New Member

I'm expecting my first trial order tomorrow. I heard about the products for years on many different auto sites and the reports have always been glowing.

Try www.zainobros.com. I ordered what they suggested as a trial order and the price was in the $40s.

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

You sold me. I just ordered the full kit and the Z-8. All I need is my car!

8. popoff

popoff New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigdaddy\";p=\"99824)</div>
    Big Daddy, you the man!! (>:

9. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    mmmmmmmm Zaino

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

10. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

Don't forget to tell them about the smell...it's almost good enough as a cologne :p :wink:

Sign up for the email alerts at www.zainostore.com and you can get all the lowdowns on the up and coming stuff. I think they have a new swirl mark remover out now too.

Dave

11. Paul113

Paul113 New Member

I checked out the website and yes it seems to be the top product. It appears black cars really look fantastic. I just clayed mine and hit it with Meguire's Mirror Glaze with a pretty good result except both my arms need traction. Just FYI I get these Bed Bath & Beyond coupons for 20% off all the time and twice have used them to buy a white 100% cotton "bath sheet" which is a big ole terry towel. Scissor off the borders and it makes quite a few great terry cloth car care rags for not all that expensive, around $16 after the 20% off. I got the clay from Griot's garage.....
    Web Page Name
    There's a lotta tools and stuff as well and cleaners, wax and such there for the compulsive car cleaner/waxer...and I mean that with all due respect...
    Off topic... if anyone reading this has removed the Toyota emblem from the nose can you please share techinque!! I really hate it and want it off there.
    Namaste,
    Paul

12. Paul113

Paul113 New Member

Bobc.........

Even though polar bears and penguins can only be found together at a zoo (or in this case an orchestra or high school band) I find your avatar truely hilarious........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Peace,
    Paul

13. bobc

bobc New Member

Paul,

Thanks! Glad you like it, too. I stole it from somewhere on the 'net and just lol when I saw it....

And, right you are: These guys are from opposite ends of the earth.

Cheers,

-bob

14. Paul113

Paul113 New Member

BobC

What was I thinking? Here's 100 points for your avatar humor.
    Paul

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bshef\";p=\"99845)</div>

UPS is delivering my Zaino order tomorrow.

Just how does one pronounce "Zaino?" I want to be able to say mmmmm.... Zaino correctly to the delivery person...

Zay-no? Zy-no? Za-ee-no?

16. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigdaddy\";p=\"100548)</div>
    [font=Comic Sans MS:b73f5b2563] Just zay NO! to other polish.[/font:b73f5b2563]

17. popoff

popoff New Member

Zaino tip

I just used the Zaino product for the first time.

I mixed the full 2 ounces with the accelerator and thought to myself, there's no way this teeny little bit is going to do the whole car.

WRONG!

The first coat took less than 1 ounce. I've wiped it down and applied a second coat. Still the better part of an ounce in the bottle. I'd swear two ounces will do 4-5 coats on a Prius.

Darkness shut me down so I won't see the results until tomorrow.

Today's lesson: Start off using a small amount when it comes to Zaino. You can always mix more if you need it.

18. spamusubi

spamusubi New Member

to any skeptic (I'm one of you):
    I normally wouldn't add to the subject, but I believe in Zaino so much, I'm throwing in my opinion.
    Been using it for 5 yrs and refuse to try anything else.
    Wish they had the accelerator 5 yrs ago, this helps a lot! Eventhough I took 'days' to finish, I still was very satisfied.
    I didn't know about Z8, but I can't imagine it gettin any better.
    I'm not so sure the Zaino site is going to 'brag' about the rave reviews coming from here, but if a reference is made on Zainobros.com, I'll get a good laugh...

19. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    A lot of |talk| about it over the years.

Although, I'm still curious how it compares with Meguiar's Gold Class or real Zymol. And then, there's that NuFinish my friend swears by for his Mini. :p

20. bobc

bobc New Member

NuShrike,

Take a walk thru some of the detailing forums for comparisons. These folks' hobby is to try the different products and see what works best.

FWIW, Meguiars,Zymol and NuFinish are considered by most to be middle of the road.