1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Zaino...WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bandgeek, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OMG! You might as well drive around in a chrome-plated car.

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Zaino... WOW! ;)

[attachmentid=5406]

Just kidding. Not zaino but the previous post reminded me of this pic.

I wonder what Zaino would look like on this car? B)

Attached Files:

3. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Oct 20 2006, 11:16 PM) [snapback]336011[/snapback]</div>
    Ever see Predator? :lol:

4. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've been using Zaino on my Mustang(s) since 1999, the stuff is amazing! It really works well on the darker colored cars, it makes black almost glow! I recommend it to everyone looking for a new "wax" for their cars. Do get the clay bar too, that thing is amazing!

5. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm running out of Z6 spray and need to order some more.

I have been using the products that came in the kit -- ZFX, Z2, Z5, Z6, Z7, etc. and I still have enough of everything except the Z6 spray. Are any of the following products worth getting?

Zaino Z-AIO All-in-one
    Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal
    Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal

6. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ May 13 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]441028[/snapback]</div>
    I use Z-6 for the in between coats of the other products. I use Z-8 as a final coat. Definitely get Z-CS! ITS AWESOME I havnt tried the Z-AIO yet but I heard it does just as good of a job as the other products only you have one product to deal with instead of two or three.

7. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ May 13 2007, 10:00 AM) [snapback]441028[/snapback]</div>
    I ordered and used Z-AIO and Z-CS for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I still have some Z5, so because I had some very minor scratches I used one coat of that after the Z-AIO. The finished product looks as good as the "conventional" routine (e.g., Z2/Z5, etc.). If the durability of the Z-AIO/Z-CS combo is as good as the conventional, I'll go that route from now on. Z-AIO requires just one application and Z-CS requires no buffing.

I have Z-8 but I don't how much, if anything, it adds.

8. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm also amazed at how well it removes bugs etc... often a pain to take off.

9. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the recommendations everyone. Seems I should just get everything! Windstrings: which product were you referring to?

10. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I followed this thread for a while, studied up on the Zaino products. Frankly, as much as I love my car, I'm not one to do the multi-coat by hand process that's involved with the full product line. I'd also feel silly doing all that work only to drive around every day and muck it up.

That said, I went ahead and bought the Z-AIO triplet pack, which comes with the all-in-one, Z-CS and Z-8. I also added the Z-16 tire gloss, Z-7 wash and a clay bar.

Product in hand, I washed the car, clayed (which is no picnic, let me tell you, but worth every minute), and then did the Z-AIO, Z-CS and Z-8 with appropriate drying time between. In all it took the better part of a day, and my shoulder aches from polishing. The result is very satisfying though, and the paint feels slick like butter under my fingers now. I really have to stop myself from touching it all over and drooling. I took some pictures, but they really don't do justice to the quality finish. I can't recommend this stuff highly enough.

[attachmentid=8411]

Attached Files:

11. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Your Prius looks Great!

12. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's gorgeous!
    Oh, and we (javajunki and myself) got a kick out of your personalized plate :D

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ May 14 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]442141[/snapback]</div>
    Just the normal polish "Z-2"... the oils in it seems to break down the bug oils and softens them right off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ May 29 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]451715[/snapback]</div>
    I must admit.. I'm too busy to do it every week or two either.. but as a special treat... its always amazing how it turns out... I haven't taken the time to claybar yet.... my car has been new so no need, but I know sooner or later I will have to do that too.

14. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Okay, I have to share photos of our Prius, before and after putting Zaino on it.
    This is before:

[​IMG]

This, is after (the guy in the photos is my Dear Hubby, javajunki):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note: I don't have a star filter on my camera...

[​IMG]

This is truly impressive stuff!
    Okay, I used the Show Car Wash, then the AIO stuff, then the Z2 polish with the ZFX additive, (two good coats of that), and then we finished it with a topping of Z-CS (clear seal).

Wow... My car is SLICK!!! :)
    When we got home from a 50 mile road trip, the bugs wiped right off the front (practically fell off when we stopped moving...)

15. javajunki

javajunki recycled hippy

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OK, I'm the guy with the rag, I'll admit i kinda smiled and rolled my eyes when RaeVynn wanted to get all "that Zaino stuff'. I mean Polish is polish
    is all the same more or less.... nuh-huh, this is good stuff, I was Impressed
    , I didn't think it could make much difference on a white car but my eyes
    were hurting by the time we were done from the brightness.. I'm both Sold
    on Zaino and would recommend it to others.

16. acdii

acdii Active Member

I'm still old school. I have Z1, Z2, Z5, and Z6 and still do one coat a day, but that changes on the Crown Vic, I just got me a new batch of stuff to go along with what I still have. Shelf life of Z is fantastic. I bought 2 each of Z2, Z5, Z6 and Z7 and one Z1 back on 2001, did my F150 with 5 coats Z5 to get rid of swirls, and 6 of Z2 and the paint looked like it was just sprayed on and still wet. A little goes a long way is an understatement, I still have a full bottle each of Z2 and 5 and at least 1/2 bottle of each if not more, and that is after doing 4 coats Z2 on the Prius. Now that I have the accelerator and Z8 I can go to town on my truck and Vic. Zaino has a new polish now that removes scratches, I think they call it fusion, and it WORKS! My Vic is a black Sport model and my wife had somehow scraped along the driveway markers on the drivers side and left two long marks from fender to bumper that I could not get out, even with heavy duty rubbing compound, they are still there, and I didnt want to use a buffer on it for fear of ruining the paint further. I took a terry cloth pad and put a little of this stuff on it, and just started rubbing. 5 minutes later the area I had previously rubbed with the heavy duty stuff and left nasty swirls was completly gone, nothing but shiny paint! I then tested an area I hadnt touched and after a few minutes the marks were barely visible! I cant wait until I have a free day to get the car in the garage and give it a once over with the buffer and let it shine the way it is supposed to!

BTW, Zaino on a silver car is awesome, when its wet it looks like it has quicksilver all over it!

17. NiftyRed

NiftyRed New Member

Another "Old School" car guy here, I have been using Zaino products on my Corvettes since 2000. I strayed off on the ZFX when it first came out but went back to Z1/Z5/Z6 after my ZFX jelled. Gloss and depth are always exceptional on the cars that have used Zaino products on. This weekend the B. Red is in line for the treatment (Z1/Z2/Z6). I usually only use Z5 on dark colors - so it will be Z2 for the Prius.
    Also, don't underestimate the Z7 carwash for maintaining "Z" polish.

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Spring is here just Zaino'd the Blue Prius! Looks great! Just bumping the thread to get all of you Zainer's out there and polishing...

19. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Got mine done 2 weeks ago. But thanks for thinking of me. ;)

20. Wavelene

Wavelene Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I'm preparing to polish my Prius for the first time. I've seen several recommendations on Zaino's Z-2. Zaino's website suggests using ZFX™, with Flash Cure™ first. Can someone tell me how this works? Is ZFX an additive that you put into the Z-2? And is the ZFX worth using?