1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Zaino...WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by bandgeek, Jun 15, 2005.

1. av8harrier

av8harrier New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Is there any concern with applying this product to a brand new car. Should a new car paint job be allowed to cure for some period of time. Interested in your experiences with application to a new car.

2. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ZFX accelerates the curing time between coats to allow another coat to be applied immediately after the first. Without it, the next coat has to wait a period of time -- sorry, can't remember how long. It can be used with Z-2, Z-3, or Z-5. I think it's worth it; I can get the job over and done with in substantially less time.

I've applied it to a relatively new (3-4 months after purchase) car, including the clay bar, with no ill effects. The delay was only because at the time I bought the car I wasn't familiar with Zaino. I would have no hesitation applying it to a brand new car.

1 person likes this.
  3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree with Jimbo. I've used Zaino on all my cars since around 2000 or so. I used it on my 2000 Trans Am, 2001 GMC, and 2005 Prius when brand new and it worked excellent. The Trams Am had a ton of railroad dust on it so be sure to try to claybar your baby first, just in case. ;)

4. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, the Z-FX is great and makes it cure faster so you can aplpy multiple coats in one day. Just keep in mind they say not to go over 3 a day even using Z-FX...

5. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think their All In One really rocks. for a quick clean shine, goes on easy, I buff off with a Random Orbital Polisher.

I am also liking the Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer with wax. Real quick spray on, microfiber around, vey nice ceaning and waxing action!!

Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer FREE BONUS

6. Wavelene

Wavelene Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Thanks for everyone's input, I'll definitely get the two Zaino products. Looks like they're only available online. Does anyone know of a anyplace you can buy Zaino off the rack?

7. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've not heard of any brick-and-mortar outlet, only the Zaino web site.

8. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    There are some places that sell Zaino (I've not seen one myself but I have heard of people that have a place near them that carries their stuff) but they're smaller shops, usually specialty automotive ones. you will not find it at walmart, target, pep boys etc...