1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

I see "Zaino" mentioned frequently in the forums. Is this car wax (polisher) any better than any of the other good commercial ones available? Is Zaino a sponsor of the site and thus pushed or is it a far better alternative?

Just curious

2. dannored

dannored New Member

I use Zaino religiously. I am a Zaino Zealot. The shine is wet, deep, and long lasting. It is the best I've ever used.-

3. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Zaino is a car polishing system that is amazing and not a sponsor of this site.

I've been waxing/polishing my cars for years. Typically, I've needed to reapply the wax every 30-60 days. Living in North East Ohio, this becomes a problem in the winter. Salt build-up and harsh temperatures have done a number on our cars. It's very discouraging to say the least.

I started using Zaino this past summer. The first thing I noticed was that my car was incredibly smooth and sleek after applying Zaino. After the 2nd and 3rd coatings, the car had a show-room finish.

The last time I applied Zaino was in September. We're now well into 2006 and the car still acts as though I put Zaino on yesterday. A quick run through the touchless car wash makes the shine come back, plus water beads up like it aws day #1.

Now, I also have a white car, so the depth and 3D appearance of the finish is more difficult to see; however, the results page on www.zainostore.com is amazing.

I will never use a different product. Zaino all the way.

4. AzizaVFR

AzizaVFR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    One of the reasons you can get very good results from Zaino is due to Sal's excellent instruction, recommendations, and products. I, too, have read several different detailing sites concerning protecting my new car. After doing quite a bit of lurking, questioning, reviewing, etc., I took the plunge and purchased their Total Show Car Protection kit. Since then, I have made additional purchases for some of the other products.

The thing I like is how very little you use per coat of Z5 and Z2Pro. Last week, I did a complete detailing on my friend's BMW Z4. They had just taken posession of this car. From the dealership, there was NO protection on the paint. The water just sheeted insteaded of running off. The process results from the Dawn wash, claying, Z7 wash, two coats of Z5 with ZFX and two coats of Z2Pro, was absolutely amazing. She commented on how smooth and soft the paint surface felt.

I have down a total of four cars, including my Prius to this treatment so far. I am completely sold on this method and the product's protection. When I get off work today at 8am this morning, I will be doing this process to my friend's 2006 Barcelona Red Prius she picked up four days ago. She wants it to be protected from the beginning.

If anyone in the San Diego area would like to see what Zaino can do, just let me know. I have all the toys and tools to do it.

5. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The only ones hyping it are the annoying newbies who have just discovered a premium paint care product for the first time.

For those of us who have been caring for our cars for many years with premium products, Zaino is just another tool in our arsenal. It is very long lasting and has a place on my shelf of recommended products, along with a couple other sealants and waxes.

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    When YOU discovered a premium paint care product for the first time, were you "annoying"?

7. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

Know anyone in the Orange County area that could do same?

8. priusenvy

priusenvy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I kept my mouth shut and learned from others until I thought I had something useful to share. I know when I have nothing to contribute. Some people feel the need to post whenever they can get a couple neurons to fire. Those people were annoying in MBA school, they're annoying at work, and they're annoying here.

9. cdavid

cdavid Member

I have never used Zaino but the strong support for it on multiple sites well establishes it as a premium product. Is it better than other premium products?

Likely 95% of what you get at the end of all your work is due to the proper preparation of the surface, as it as been explained many times before. Properly wash the car, test it to see if it needs claying. (I would clay it anyway). Use a good polish and a dual action porter cable. Think about then applying a glaze with the polisher, then use the sealant as directed.

Your car will look stunning whether you use Zaino, Menzerna products, Meguiers gold class, etc.

I use Menerna polishes and sealants, but I am going to order some Zaino to try.

You know, once you do a nice job on your car, your pride really swells. You will always maintain its beautiful exterior once you see what you have done and what it can look like!

I just sold my Accord in preparation for my Prius arrival. I'm certain its absolutely beautiful exterior (and interior) got me $1000 more than they typical one for sell, all else being equal. When people saw it and touched the soft and silky paint surface, it was sold. Once you have a beautiful exterior, there's no going back.

10. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

The zeal of the new is a good thing... its what make this forum thrive verses another thats just died.
    If you never have the excitement of the newbies around, you become a boring stick in the mud that has no excitement about anything.

I too am a newbie and I appreciate all the crazy comments.... some are good, and others are just foolish concerns that most "everyone" has when new. Without those being addressed we can't learn and most are afraid to speak for fear of being shot down.

If we shot down our kids or our grandkids everytime they came up with something lame, what would that turn us into?

Painters never want to go home and talk about painting, and niether do folks who work on computers all day want to go home and play on them.

So I'm guessing you grow weary answering the same questions over and over, but you should take it as a compliment that anyone deems you worthy as an authority to ask.

Well I've studied this for a little and I appreciate all your help and comments priusenvy, Its very nice not to have to reinvent the wheel and learn and glean off of someone else's knowledge.....and aside from a good car handwash with rainx carwash, I have yet to put my first coat of protection on my two new cars... I didn't really want to go with zymol or nufinish or some other, just to have to strip it off with dawn to apply zaino.

this is the first time I've had a car finish worthy of really taking care of. All my other cars have been bargains with about 20K on them. This is the first car thats really gave me a reason to buy new.
    And believe me.. the barcelona red is quite the eye looker!... it gleams in the bright sunlight and in the evening it takes on a deep red that seems to glow when the light hits it.... you can even take a bright flashlight to it at night and see all the gold metallic flakes in the paint!.

I get so much response from onlookers.. I really don't want to ruin it with some lame product.

That being said.. I just put my order in today:

ZFX ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive 1 $19.95 $19.95
    Z-2 Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes 1 $14.95 $14.95
    Z-7 Z-7 Show Car Wash 1 $8.95 $8.95
    Z-8 Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal 1 $19.95 $19.95
    Z-9 Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner 1 $8.95 $8.95
    Z-10 Z-10 Leather in a Bottle 1 $10.95 $10.95
    Z-12 Z-12 Clear-View Glass Polish 1 $12.95 $12.95
    314 Zaino Custom Polish Applicator 1 $2.50 $2.50
    Subtotal: 8 $99.15

I look forward with my foolish excitement and zeal to turn my already beautiful car into a showcar!

11. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wow!...I ordered this morning and its already shipped the same day!

12. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

I'm picking up my Prius tomorrow... Of course, we are forcast to get 4-10 inches of snow on Saturday!!!

Plus, we are finally (not saying that as a happy thing) getting winter temps. The overnight low next week in single digits. I imagine it would not be a good thing to apply in sub-freezing temps... Even daytime highs only scheduled in the 20's next week. No garage available....

Any thoughts or suggestions?

13. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    you can go ahead and order and just wait for the next decent day... call up zaino and ask them about your temp. www.zainostore.com The purchase line is good about answering and the tech line is good if they are in.
    Mine shipped the same day I ordered.

at the bottom are thier numbers.

Just make double sure you buy the ZFX also and you may be fine.. its the accelerator... without that you won't have much of a chance in those cold temps.

14. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Thanks WS ;)

15. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    [​IMG]

give cat owners a bad name!

16. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was hot after reading all the raves but living in NJ I have to jump through extra hoops to try to buy it!!!!

17. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I use Meguiar's.

18. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Since we're on the topic, does anyone have any experience/pictures with the Zaino system on a Driftwood Pearl Prius? I'm probably going to order the stuff, but I'm curious to know if it has the same dramatic effect on Driftwood Pearl that it has on other colors.

19. jmpenn

jmpenn New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(barbaram @ May 13 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]254997[/snapback]</div>
    Just out of curiosity, why is NJ left out here? Who did they piss off? <_<

20. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whitestar @ May 20 2006, 03:11 PM) [snapback]258524[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, how odd. Zaino Brothers is in NJ.

- Tom