1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whitestar @ May 20 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]258524[/snapback]</div>
    Big Tony - you sell dis stuff in NJ I put ya lights out!

2. Redblue88

Redblue88 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom_06 @ May 20 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]258551[/snapback]</div>
    They'd have to collect and pay sales tax for sales to NJ residents. I don't know much about them, but if they only do wholesale and direct mail sales, they won't have to collect and pay sales tax otherwise.

3. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    it's probably an issue with sales tax collection!

4. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Supplies just arrived. got very good service form hcvind.com at same prices.

Question: how much time should I allow to do the primary Z2 treatment? thanks!

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If you do the whole clay bar routine, plan for a day. If you're just going to put on a couple of coats of Z2 you can do it in a couple of hours. WARNING: Don't fill the little bottle with Z2 and add the ZFX or you'll make too much polish and be at it all day... Just cut the quantity in half and you'll still have plenty for a couple of coats, which you can apply one-after-another.

6. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'll second that - you'll use less Z-2 than you think you'll need.

Here's a link to a post about my recent Zaino Experience.

I took several breaks because my back hurt and I had a headache at the time, but I started the Dawn wash at 9:45am and finished taking pictures at 5:45pm. In my opinion, if you're giving the car the "full treatment" you might as well plan on a day, because you'll be too tired/sore to do anything else! :)

7. Smooth Operator

Zaino is the only product I have used that has caused strangers to ask about what I use to get the shine on my car. And that has happened repeatedly.

That is recommendation enough for me.

8. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

Had the hardiest time getting Zaino by email so went with Wolfgang as I heard it was a good second choice. The directions said apply with a polyfoam application pad

Can someone tell me what this is and where I might pick one up locally? Or good substitute?

Thanks all
    Roger3125 :p

9. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks for the notes!
    used just 1/2 a bottle. VERY EASY!
    was lazy and just used the z2 and z6 since the car is new in january and I only use the touchless car wash. DAWN does a great job of getting MOST of the bug residue off. Next time I'll have to claybar. Finished just before a sprinkle hit. will post photos later.....

Again- if you live in NJ GREAT SERVICE FROM CARL AT HCVIND.COM I ordered small towels and they were out of stock so they sent larger ones at N/c, extra applica ;) tors also.

10. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roger3125 @ May 27 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback]261838[/snapback]</div>
    That just one of those open-cell, (usually) yellow, foam plastic pads. You can find them at most auto supply stores. It's nicer if they have a terrycloth cover.

Only Zaino gives the Zaino shine.

Congratulations, BarbaraM. Let us know what people say about your shiny car.

11. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 27 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]261937[/snapback]</div>
    Well you all convinced me to go with Zaino when this bottle of Wolfgang Sealant is finished. In the meantime, a question regardless of which I use. The directions said rub on and wipe off haze.

My Prius is Super White and I've got to tell you I saw no haze. I rubbed it on with a cotton towel, waited for a few minutes and wipped off with microfiber towel ccloths. Did I not put enough on? Should I expect to see a haze and if not wait?

I have ClearBra on my whole front end. Should I seal the ClearBra as well? ClearBra on headlights, seal those too?

12. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roger3125 @ May 27 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]261954[/snapback]</div>
    I have a Driftwood Pearl (beige), and honestly in most places (using Zaino) I didn't see a haze either, but I could feel that I was buffing something off twenty minutes later. Maybe I was doing it wrong too, but I suspect it is probably normal because the layer of Z-2 is so thin. Don't know about the Wolfgang stuff.

13. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roger3125 @ May 27 2006, 09:12 PM) [snapback]261954[/snapback]</div>

The haze that Zaino leaves is micro thin.... but its not about how much residue it leaves that does the trick, its about what bonds to the paint and protects.
    Zaino is what I feel "more efficient" in that it does so much with so little.

When your done, you will feel almost zero resistance as you let a dry towel glide over the surface!
    Another coat is not necessary... but is nice to follow soon after, even if its a few days after a good washing.
    The next coat goes on even easier than the first... if you think thats possible!

I really like the finishing spray too... almost like spraying on "glow"... somehow it just makes it shine even more!

but if you use Z2 in cold temperatures, make sure you use the accelerator Zfx ZFX or it will take much longer to get that thin "haze" you are looking for which shows its bonded properly.

I notice that polishing marble is similiar... If I put a finishing spray on and try to buff it off before it completely dries, I don't get near the gloss and shine as when I let it dry properly first. Zaino is no different.

If you have any doubts, you should be able to take your finger and lightly brush off the light haze once its cured enough... if that isn't happening, by guess is you put it on "tooo" thick and its taking forever to dry... especially if the temps are cold and you have no accelerator.

A little dab will do!

1/4 of a the supplied 2 oz mixing bottle will do the whole car once!
    If your nervous.. do 1/3 to make sure and you can go over again with a partial second coat if you have extra at the end. "the second coat won't take much!"

If you want to do two full coats no questions asked, then fill the mixing bottle half way with the Z2.

14. bryanmsi

bryanmsi New Member

I can add my own ravings about Zaino. I use it on all of my cars, including my Porsche Boxster S which has numerous first place wins at Concours under its belt. Judges often comment on the shine, although Zaino is not really a huge secret among Concours winners anymore.

But the more impressive test was the Guru reports "wax test" which compared over 50 automotive waxes, polishes, sealants, and glazes. They took identical GM car hoods, divided them into 1 ft. square areas, waxed each square with a different product, then left the hoods outside and tested them each week. The tests were:

1) bead size of water droplets on paint (smaller = better)
    2) Reflectivity (somewhat subjective)
    3) smoothness

The best wax failed completely in less than 2.5 months, and most waxes were gone in 60 days. They stopped testing the Zaino panel after 6 months and it was still going strong at that time.

We put 3 coats on my wife's car well over 16 months ago, at it still shines like new. Even if you don't want the worlds best shine (which I think it is), the stuff lasts forever.

15. DavidTO

DavidTO New Member

I use Blackfire.

It is SOOOO much better than Zaino.

:unsure:

Actually, it's the only product of it's type that I've used. I heard it's better on darker cars than Zaino is, so that's what I went with. I'm really happy with it.

16. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  17. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member